Subject: dhcp beginner question

From: Harald Baumgartner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 05:55:09 -0500 (EST)

Sorry,

i'm a newbie.

i got a Tektronix Printer and want to setup dhcp on joind at DEC-Unix V4.0B.

I want to use this printer at a permanent IP-Address with active ip snapshot
in the xjoin program.

When i boot the printer i got the error message: old lease, extended lease
and the printer got not his dhcp parameter.

Which times did it compare: provisional time, default lease time, Lease Granted, Lease Expiration = ...2038, Renewal Eligible At or Last Transaction (which
i cannot change)?

Any help would be appreciated.

			Thanks, H. Baumgartner

-- 
Harald Baumgartner Max-Planck-Inst. fuer Extraterrestrische Physik
                   Postf. 1603, D-85740, Garching bei Muenchen, Germany
                   Phone :(Country Code 49) 89 3299-3346 (Fax: -3569)
                   e-mail: [email-masked], MPE::HMB
		   http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/~hmb/