Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-09.txt (fwd)

From: "Ralph E. Droms" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:05:22 -0500 (EST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Interaction between DHCP and DNS
	Author(s)	: Y. Rekhter, M. Stapp
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-09.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 22-Mar-98
	
   DHCP provides a powerful mechanism for IP host autoconfiguration.
   However, the autoconfiguration provided by DHCP does not include
   updating DNS, and specifically updating the name to address and
   address to name mappings maintained by DNS.
 
   This document specifies how DHCP clients and servers should use the
   Dynamic DNS Updates mechanism to update the DNS name to address and
   address to name mapping, so that the mappings for DHCP clients would
   be consistent with the IP addresses that the clients acquire via
   DHCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-09.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-09.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.