Subject: Re: DHCP Auto-Configure Option Draft

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 11:16:47 -0500 (EST)

Having seen no response to Ryan's message, I will issue a last call for the
current version of "DHCP Option to Disable Stateless Auto-Configuration in
IPv4 Clients" <draft-ietf-dhc-autoconfig-03.txt> today...

- Ralph

=====

At 4:10 PM -0500 1/26/99, Ralph Droms wrote:
>At 9:21 PM -0500 1/24/99, Ryan Troll wrote:
>>I've submitted a new version of this draft to the archive.  This version
>>contains all of the requested changes per the IESG last call.  The only
>>outstanding issue I know of is Mike Carney's comment of 12/17/98:
>>
>>
>>	- Using DHCPOFFERs w/ a yiaddr of 0.0.0.0 violates RFC2131. Rather than
>>	  overloading a DHCPOFFER, why not define a new message type?
>>
>>
>>I know that what I'm suggesting is basicly a hack to get this
>>functionality into the existing protocol, with no major changes.  A new
>>option would be another way to go.  I can't say which would be better, if
>>there is a better way.
>>
>>What do the rest of you think?
>
>I would like to get this draft to last call in time for the IESG to
>consider it prior to the next IETF.  That means it should go to last call
>no later than early next week.  If you have any comments on Ryan's issue,
>please respond to the mailing list before this coming Friday, 1/29.
>
>- Ralph