Subject: IP address problem with HP printer G.07.03 and Solaris 2.5

From: [email-masked] (Jean-Yves LEBOUC)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 12:56:08 -0500 (EST)

I use dhcp with all of my TCP/IP nodes. The implementation of the dhcp 
     server is on a SUN SparcStation 1000 in Solaris 2.5, version 1.0, 
     revision 96.10.10.20.35.
     I have a problem with a HP printer client, HP4000N in G.07.03 microlog 
     revision. The ulterior version, G.07.17, have the same problem, the 
     previous version, G.05.35, have no problem.
     I use dhcp in static mode, one IP address for one MAC address. The 
     problem :
     - in response to the printer dhcp request the dhcp server give the
     TCP/IP parameters,
     - then the printer is correctly set,
     - after a few time (between few second and one minute) the printer
     take its default IP address (192.0.0.192) without lost any other 
     TCP/IP parameters (gateway, subnetmask, server address, ...).
     The lease is negociable and the value affected is 43200 secondes (12 
     hours).
     Can you help me ?
     Thank's in advance.
     Jean-Yves.