Subject: draft-privat-dhc-doublephase-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:30:53 -0400 (EDT)

I have submitted a draft that proposes mechanisms to enable host
configuration to be split between two different DHCP servers. 
The draft can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-privat-dhc-doublephase-00.txt
(I have included the abstract at the end of this email).

I'd like to get feedback from this mailing list on the two mechanisms
proposed.

Thanks in advance,
Jerome Privat
BT
****************************************************************************
**
Abstract:
This proposal allows host configuration to be split between two
different DHCP servers, potentially under different administration.
This may be useful to satisfy specific regulatory, operational
or business model requirements.
This draft proposes two different approaches. In one approach, a
DHCP server redirects clients to a second DHCP server. In the other,
a DHCP server acts as a proxy to a second server.