Subject: [dhcwg] discussion items for DHCP server MIB

From: "Barr Hibbs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:36:58 -0800

Ralph et al.--

Recent changes to the MIB draft have included:

1.  Removing all objects related to failover and dynamic updating of DNS.

2.  Changing BOOTP counters and statistics from mandatory to optional.

3.  Changing DHCP statistics from mandatory to optional.

4.  Simplification of the server configuration tables.

5.  Simplification of several notify objects.

6.  Restricting the MAX-ACCESS level for all objects to read-only,
eliminating read-write access.

7.  Inserting placeholder counters for lease query messages and the
reconfigure extension.

8.  Suggesting the possibility of future work to define MIB extensions for
DHCPv4 relay agents, DHCPv4 clients, and DHCPv6 servers.

I very much would like to finalize the draft and submit it for last call
following the working group meeting, which will require resolution of a few
items, specifically the assignment of DHCP message type codes (option 53)
for the lease query messages and reconfigure extensions, and confirmation
that the other recent changes are appropriate and acceptable.

So, will all interested members please review the latest draft (sent
previously) and provide feedback on the mailing list so that discussion in
Salt Lake City can be brief and to the point?

Thanks in advance,

--Barr

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg