Subject: [dhcwg] Publication of draft-droms-agentopt-8021x-00.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:03:35 -0500

This announcement didn't make it onto the dhcwg mailing list...

- Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 8:29 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-droms-agentopt-8021x-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: 802.1X Credentials Sub-option for the DHCP Relay Agent
                           Information Option
	Author(s)	: R. Droms, J. Schnizlein
	Filename	: draft-droms-agentopt-8021x-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 16-Nov-01
	
The IEEE 802.1X protocol provides authenticated layer 2 network
access.  As part of the authentication for 802.1X, a device such as a
switch or a wireless LAN access point can receive credentials from
the authentication authority identifying the user of a device
requesting access.  These credentials can then be used by a DHCP
server in the selection of an IP address for assignment to the device
through its DHCP client.  The 802.1X Credentials sub-option allows an
access device that implements 802.1X and that can create DHCP Relay
Agent options to pass along credentials for the user of a device
received during 802.1X authentication to a DHCP server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-droms-agentopt-8021x-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-droms-agentopt-8021x-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-droms-agentopt-8021x-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-----
To:
Subject:
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:07:31 -0500
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)

  ATT83737.txt

  VIRUS1_DETECTED_AND_REMOVED_draft-droms-agentopt-8021x-00_VIRINFO.TXT 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg