Subject: [dhcwg] DHCP Domain Search Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:08:55 +0100

Hello , I'm Johann Lallemand and I'm from the Richemont Group ( Cartier ,
Lancel , ...) and I'm working on a project which include DHCP servers
running on Linux Platform. For some reasons I need that our DHCP servers
send to the clients (most of them are win2000 platforms) a Domain Search
List. So I have found and readed the draft-adoba-dhc-domsearch-08.txt
INTERNET DRAFT and the RFC 2937 which are dealing with that.
So my questions about that problem are:
-Developments to answer this request have already started or not ? If yes
who is in charge of that
-How can i help to do/code those developments
-Is the Concat techniques already developed in the DHCP server and client
actual release or is it still at the draft state
-Do you know if today , the win2000 DHCP client  would understand such a
new option (Domain search list & concat techniques)  , or if it requests
some developments on the clients side too.

Thank you for help

Best Regards,

Johann Lallemand

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:10:00 -0800 (PST)

> some developments on the clients side too.

Windows 2000 client and server do not support either the Domain Search
option or concatentation.