Subject: [dhcwg] new vendor-identifying vendor options draft

From: Josh Littlefield <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 17:42:05 -0500

A new version of the vendor-identifying vendor options draft 
(draft-ietf-dhc-vendor-01.txt) is now available.

There were a few glaring errors which have been corrected (such as borrowing too 
much from the DHCPv6 version of vendor-options, including 16-bit option codes 
and lengths).

I've also addressed the issue that Ted brought up in Minneapolis as to a 
conflict with RFC 3396.  As you know (and as I now know), RFC 3396 says that 
multiple instances of the same option must be concatenated into a single large 
value.  This is to support large options and to work around the 256 octet limit 
for option sizes.

Since the two new options I'm proposing are intended to occur multiple times 
with different values, I had to re-work the format to support concatenation. 
This adds another length octet into the option data.  While this isn't the 
prettiest format, it solves the problem of RFC 3396 compatibility without 
attempting to make these options some sort of special case.

Please give this short Internet-Draft a glance, and respond with comments and 
suggestions.

Thanks,

  Josh Littlefield

-- 
=====================================================================
Josh Littlefield                                  Cisco Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]                             1414 Massachusetts Avenue
tel: 978-936-1379  fax: same               Boxborough, MA  01719-2205

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg