Subject: [dhcwg] Comments on "DHCP Option for Proxy Server Configuration"

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:18:06 -0500

Some comments on "DHCP Option for Proxy Server Configuration",
draft-ietf-dhc-proxyserver-opt-00.txt:

How do the proxy servers in this option differ from the addresses carried in
other options for the same services; e.g.:

   option 72, WWW server (RFC 2132)
   option 71, NNTP server (RFC 2132)

While the reader can infer that this option is for IPv4 (RFC 2131/RFC 2132),
it would be good to mention it specifically in a sentence somewhere.

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Senthil Kumar B <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:41:12 +0530

>   option 71, NNTP server (RFC 2132) 

I believe the options (72 & 71) defined in RFC 2132 refer to the WWW / 
NNTP server itself.
The options defined in this draft refer to the proxies for the same 
through which respective servers (HTTP / NNTP / FTP) could be reached.

> it would be good to mention it specifically in a sentence somewhere. 

You are correct. I should have mentioned that these options are for 
IPv4. Will update this comment.