Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-rapid-commit-opt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:18:24 -0400

draft-ietf-dhc-rapid-commit-opt-05.txt includes a statement that the IETF
has been notified about IPR claimed in regard to this specification.

The only IPR statement currently published on www.ietf.org is from Samsung,
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/samsung-ipr-draft-ietf-dhc-rapid-commit-opt.txt
In this statement, Samsung "agrees to grant a royalty-free license to all
parties implementing Samsung's aforesaid draft, subject to reciprocity of
the licensed party under essential patents for IETF and IETF's adoption of
the draft as the standard."

This document is now in front of the IESG.  The consensus at the WG meeting
in San Diego was to allow the document to progress based on the IPR
statement published by Samsung.  If there is any objection from the WG to
allowing the document to progress, please respond to the dhcwg mailing list
by 5PM EDT, 2004-08-13.

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg