Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'RADIUS Attributes Sub-option for the DHCP Relay Agent Information Option' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:35:53 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RADIUS Attributes Sub-option for the DHCP Relay Agent Information Option '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-agentopt-radius-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary

      A NAS (network access server) may choose to authenticate the
      identity of a device before granting that device access to the
      network.  The IEEE 802.1X protocol is an example of a mechanism
      for providing authenticated layer 2 network access.  A network
      element using RADIUS as an authentication authority will receive
      attributes from a RADIUS server that may be used by a DHCP server
      in the selection of configuration parameters to be delivered to
      sub-option enables a network element to pass along attributes for
      the user of a device received during RADIUS authentication to a
      DHCP server.
 
Working Group Summary
 
      This document is the work of the DHCP WG.  It was reviewed
      extesively by Bernard Aboba during AD review and IETF Last Call.
 
Protocol Quality
 
      This document was reviews for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg