Subject: [dhcwg] Authentication for Information-request

From: Mayumi Yanagiya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:28:40 +0900

Hi,

I have a question about transmitting Information-request message.

In RFC3115, it is not specified clearly that solicit/advertise messages
are exchanged between client and server before exchanging
Information-request/reply message.
On the other hand, it is defined that the client requests
authentication in its Solicit message.

So, I think that solicit/advertise messaged are exchanged before sending
information-request when clients want to use authentication for
information-request.
Is my understanding right?

(I know that Jinmei-san submitted “Clarifications on DHCPv6
Authentication”. But I couldn't find any discussion for above issue on
this mailing list.)

--Mayumi

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg