Subject: Re: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-lifetime

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 06:57:08 -0500

Because there were no responses to the first WG last call on "Information
Refresh Time Option for DHCPv6" <draft-ietf-dhc-lifetime-02.txt>, the last
call has been extended to 1700EST, 2005-01-21.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

"Information Refresh Time Option for DHCPv6" describes a DHCPv6 option
for specifying an upper bound for how long a client should wait before
refreshing information retrieved from DHCPv6.  It is used with
stateless DHCPv6 as there are no addresses or other entities with
lifetimes that can tell the client when to contact the DHCPv6 server
to refresh its configuration..  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-lifetime-02.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:49:17 +0100

> call has been extended to 1700EST, 2005-01-21.

There were two outstanding issues with revision 02. Those were

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dhcwg/current/msg04250.html
which is about having a maximum value at the client

and

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dhcwg/current/msg04205.html
which suggest several minor text improvements.

I initially thought those could be treated as last call inputs,
but I believe now that it's just as well that we do last call
on a revised version with no outstanding issues.

I've just submitted revision 03 of the draft. It adds text on a
maximum value at end of "client behaviour" section and in the
security considerations. And it also contains the text
improvements suggested by Jinmei.

So if possible, I would like to do last call on that. It should
be available in the "internet-drafts" directory soon, but in the
meantime, you can get it at

http://domen.uninett.no/~venaas/draft-ietf-dhc-lifetime-03.txt

So Ralph, can we last-call revision 03 instead?

Stig

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:08:11 +0100

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 08:49:17PM +0100, Stig Venaas wrote:
[...]
> meantime, you can get it at

Amazing, it's already available, only a few hours after I submitted
it. Announcement posted to dhc list.

I'll remove the one below then.

Stig