Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-server-override

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:08:04 -0500

This message announces a WG last call on "DHCP Server-ID Override
Suboption" <draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-01.txt>.  The last call
will conclude at 1700EST on 2005-02-04.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.

draft-ietf-dhc-server-override defines a suboption of the DHCP relay
information option, which allows the DHCP relay to specify a new value
for the Server-ID option, which is inserted by the DHCP Server.  In
some cases it is convenient for the DHCP relay to act as the actual
DHCP server such that DHCPRENEW requests will come to the relay
instead of going to the server directly.  The server override
suboption gives the relay the opportunity to include the Relay Agent
option with appropriate suboptions even on DHCPRENEW messages.

This relay agent suboption allows the relay to tell the DHCP server
what value to use in the Server-ID option.  If this suboption is not
present, the server supplies the Server-ID option in the normal
fashion.  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-01.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg