Subject: [dhcwg] DHCP using RADIUS authentication

From: "He Chang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:49:09 +0800

hi all,

I encountered a case which needs to extend DHCP with more secure authentication such as Radius. It seems the topic has been discussed before, but I didn't find any definite answer of how to implement it. I wonder if the DHCP option 90 provides this mechanism. If it does, how to implement it with Radius server? Could any one give me some direction? 

Thanks.
Chang 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Tschofenig Hannes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:47:12 +0100

hi chang, 

you might also want to take a look at the following document:
http://www.tschofenig.com/drafts/draft-yegin-eap-boot-rfc3118-01.txt
 
secure authentication using radius does not mean anything since some
authentication and key exchange protocol needs to be run between the end
host and the dhcp server (or a similar entity). radius only carries the
payloads to the end host. 

ciao
hannes

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: He Chang [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Gesendet: Samstag, 22. Januar 2005 06:49
An: [email-masked]
Betreff: [dhcwg] DHCP using RADIUS authentication

hi all,

I encountered a case which needs to extend DHCP with more secure
authentication such as Radius. It seems the topic has been discussed before,
but I didn't find any definite answer of how to implement it. I wonder if
the DHCP option 90 provides this mechanism. If it does, how to implement it
with Radius server? Could any one give me some direction? 

Thanks.
Chang