Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-bcmcv6-option-00.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:58:34 -0500

This message announces a WG last call on "DHCPv6 Options for Broadcast
and Multicast Control Servers" <draft-ietf-dhc-bcmcv6-option-00.txt>.
The last call will conclude at 1700EST on 2005-02-25.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not
represent positive support.  If there is no expression of support for
acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be advanced
to the IESG.

"DHCPv6 Options for Broadcast and Multicast Control Servers" defines
new options for Broadcast and Multicast Service controller discovery
in an IP network.  Broadcast and Multicast service over 3G wireless
networks are being developed at the time of writing this document.
Users of this service interact with a controller in the network to
derive informations that are required to receive broadcast service.
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol can be used to configure the
controller IPv6 addresses in the user's devices.  This document
defines the related options and option codes.  This draft is available
as http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-bcmcv6-option-00.txt

- Ralph Droms 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Parviz Yegani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:15:07 -0800

At 03:58 PM 2/9/2005 -0500, Ralph Droms wrote:
>support for the document can be assessed.

Yes, the draft should be promoted to an RFC status as the proposed
options in this draft are used in the BCMCS specification currently
being standardized in various 3G standards bodies.

-Parviz

>Lack of discussion does not

---

From: AC Mahendran <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:24:09 -0800

I support the progress of both the drafts ( 
draft-ietf-dhc-bcmcv4-option-00.txt & draft-ietf-dhc-bcmcv6-option-00.txt). 
These drafts are very important in the quick deployment of broadcast 
services in 3G wireless environments.

Thanks,
AC