Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-03.txt returned to dhc WG for review

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 06:53:49 -0500

The IESG has voted on draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-03.txt, and there are
insufficient votes to accept the I-D for publication at this time.
According to IESG rules, with 5 abstentions the I-D is returned to the WG
for further review and revision.

You can read the IESG's votes, comments and reasons for abstentions at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=print_ballot&ball
ot_id=1911&filename=draft-ietf-dhc-server-override

In the IESG comments, Allison Mankin mentions a "pretty devastating comment
on this draft", which is David Hankins' e-mail from last November:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dhcwg/current/msg05599.html

In reference to other comments in the IESG record about the process
surrounding this draft, there was a WG last call on the draft last February,
and comments rraised during the last call were addressed by the authors in
the current (-03) revision.  David's e-mail was posted shortly after the
publication of the -03 revision.  There was also an IETF last call on the
draft, during which there was no further comment.

While the WG needs to address David's comments, in other respects the WG has
followed appropriate process and has been involved in the development of
this specification.  We'll start with a discussion on the WG mailing list
about the IESG comments and develop consensus about what revisions might be
necessary to address those comments.

- Ralph

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg