Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'DHCPv6 Relay Agent Subscriber-ID Option' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:11:51 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DHCPv6 Relay Agent Subscriber-ID Option '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-subid-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-subid-01.txt

Technical Summary  

   This memo defines a new Relay Agent Subscriber-ID option for the
   Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6).  The option
   allows a DHCPv6 relay agent to associate a stable "Subscriber-ID"
   with DHCPv6 client messages in a way that is independent of the
   client and of the underlying physical network infrastructure.mary

Working Group Summary
 
   This document is the work of the DHC WG.  The WG has consensus to 
   publish this document as a Proposed Standard.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

Note to RFC Editor
 
DROP:

2.  Requirements Terminology

   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
   document are to be interpreted as described in [2].

---

DROP:

Reference [2] to RFC 2119.

---

OLD (in Section 3):

   However, as the DHCPv4 Subscriber-ID suboption [4] specifies NVT
   ASCII [5] encoded data, in environments where both DHCPv4 [6] and
   DHCPv6 are being used, it MAY be beneficial to use that encoding.

NEW:

   However, as the DHCPv4 Subscriber-ID suboption [4] specifies NVT
   ASCII [5] encoded data, in environments where both DHCPv4 [6] and
   DHCPv6 are being used, it may be beneficial to use that encoding.
                             ^^^

---

OLD (in Section 4):

   DHCPv6 relay agents MAY be configured to include a Subscriber-ID
   option in relayed (RELAY-FORW) DHCPv6 messages.  How the
   subscriber-id is assigned and the mechanisms used to configure it are
   outside the scope of this memo.

NEW:

   DHCPv6 relay agents may be configured to include a Subscriber-ID
                       ^^^
   option in relayed (RELAY-FORW) DHCPv6 messages.  How the
   subscriber-id is assigned and the mechanisms used to configure it are
   outside the scope of this memo.

---

OLD (in Section 5):

   This option provides additional information to the DHCPv6 server.
   The DHCPv6 server MAY use this information, if available, in addition
   to other relay agent option data, other options included in the

NEW:

   This option provides additional information to the DHCPv6 server.
   The DHCPv6 server may use this information, if available, in addition
                     ^^^
   to other relay agent option data, other options included in the

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg