Subject: 答复: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on "Domain Suffix Option for DHCPv6"

From: "CTO YAN Renxiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:28:24 +0800

Hi, Stig and Bernie,

I remembered Ted has commented on this issue.

I think in default case, the DHCP client MUST send a ORO to get the option,
so I eliminated the usage and remain it implicit. 

To be explicit and clear, as you suggested, I add the following words in section 2.1:

2.1  Usage

   A DHCPv6 client MUST include the option code in Option Request 
   Option [RFC3315] if it desires the domain suffix option, and the 
   DHCPv6 server SHOULD include this option in an Advertise or Reply 
   message if requested by the client in the Option Request Option.

Is that OK? 

Regards,

Renxiang

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg