Subject: [dhcwg] Updated FQDN (v4+v6), DHCID RR, and DDNS Resolution Drafts

From: "Bernie Volz \(volz\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:48:53 -0500

Folks:
 
There was a late review of these documents by a DNS reviewer that raised
some issues - mostly to clarify some terminology and wording.
 
However, there is one issue that is perhaps a bit more significant. The
DHCPv4 FQDN option can only support 252 octet FQDNs (because of the flag
and 2 RCODE octets) whereas DNS specifies that FQDNs may be up to 255
octets. Therefore, I have added a requirement to implement RFC 3396,
Encoding Long Options in the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
(DHCPv4), such that full length FQDNs can be supported.

If you'd like to see the latest drafts, which have been submitted for
publication, they are available at:

ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dhc-ddns-resolution-12.txt
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-fqdn-05.txt
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dhc-fqdn-option-13.txt
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-13.txt

- Bernie

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg