Subject: [dhcwg] timezone draft issues: one option with suboptions or multiple options?

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 16:45:42 +0200

Guys,

The draft recently posted still has a single option.  My sense of the
group was that we wanted to make this multiple options.  Are there any
objections to that?  If not, I'll put out another draft before the
deadline with that difference.

Eliot

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:08:29 -0700

> deadline with that difference. 

That would be swell.   Thanks, Eliot!

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 10:41:45 -0700

> deadline with that difference.

I'm impartial.  Along with the changes in parameter request being
described in other threads, I expect we'll support such techniques
both in the DHCP option space and encapsulated spaces (if a given
encapsulated space allocates a sub-option to this purpose).

So either way works for me.

-- 
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.		-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:22:16 -0700

We have submitted two new I-Ds entitled: "MANET Autoconfiguration
using DHCP" and: "Network Localized Mobility Management using DHCP".
The I-Ds are intended to show that DHCP provides an extensible
framework that can be applied across a wide range of use case
scenarios, including the problem spaces being investigated by
the IETF autoconf and netlmm wgs.

The Internet-Draft announcement appears below. Please send
comments to the list and/or authors.

Fred L. Templin
[email-masked]

-------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: MANET Autoconfiguration using DHCP
	Author(s)	: F. Templin, et al.
	Filename	: draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2006-6-5
	
Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (MANETs) comprise MANET routers and their
attached devices, and connect to the global Internet via one or more
MANET gateways.  MANET routers that require global Internet access
must have a way to automatically configure globally routable and
unique IP addresses/prefixes.  This document specifies mechanisms for
MANET address autoconfiguration (AUTOCONF) based on the Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP).  Solutions for both IPv4 and IPv6 are
given.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-autoconf-dhcp-00.txt

-------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Network Localized Mobility Management using
DHCP
	Author(s)	: F. Templin, et al.
	Filename	: draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-01.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2006-6-5
	
Mobile nodes that require global Internet access must have a way to
automatically configure globally routable and unique IP addresses
that remain stable across localized mobility events.  This document
specifies mechanisms for address autoconfiguration (AUTOCONF) and
network localized mobility management (NETLMM) based on the Dynamic
Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).  Solutions for both IPv4 and IPv6
are given.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-templin-autoconf-netlmm-dhcp-0
1.txt