Subject: [dhcwg] Adopting draft-evans-dhc-dhcpv6-reconfigure-rebind-00 as a wg item

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 11:50:41 +0200

There is a shortcoming with the DHCPv6 reconfigure in that the client 
can only respond with a renew or information-request, there is no way to 
tell a client to do a rebind.

This issue has been discussed on the list long time ago, and was also 
briefly mentioned by Ralph in Vancouver. The draft
draft-evans-dhc-dhcpv6-reconfigure-rebind-00.txt adds "rebind" as a new 
value for the Reconfigure Message Option.

I'm sending this mail to see if we have consensus for adopting this 
draft as a wg work item. If you object to this being a work item, you 
must respond with a mail to the list before 16th of June.

If there are no objections posted to the wg mailing list, the
chairs will accept the draft as a wg work item on 2006-06-16.

Stig

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 12:23:53 -0700

> must respond with a mail to the list before 16th of June.
I'm in favor of taking this on as a wg work item.