Subject: [dhcwg] DHCP Problem with Windows XP and ZoneAlarm

From: Bob Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:17:17 +1000

Hi,

I have a specific DHCP problem. My computer runs Windows XP and I 
recently upgraded my copy of Zone Alarm.

After the upgrade my computer continually lost its Network Connection. 
It seems I have a a Network Connection lease of 1 hour. At the 
expiration of that hour, I have to manually refresh my Network connection.

I have my computer connected to a switch and an ADSL modem. My son's 
computer is also connected to the network but he is not having the same 
problem, nor have I upgraded his copy of ZoneAlarm. It seems to me that 
my program which is supposed to refresh the connection is corrupt or is 
being interfered with by another program ( possibly ZoneAlarm).

Your comments and helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Bob.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:42:52 -0700

> recently upgraded my copy of Zone Alarm.

Unfortunately, this mailing list is going to be of very little
help.

The IETF DHC WG ("[email-masked]") is a group of people who work
to forumulate standards documents that define the DHCP protocol.
Although some of us are software vendors, this mailing list remains
inappropriate for these kinds of questions and support.

My advice is to try and find someone at the company who produces
your Zone Alarm software, they are the most likely to be able to
hlep you.  These companies often have a 'contact us' page on their
websites, or may have distributed a 1-800 number in documentation
with the product.

-- 
ISC Training!  October 16-20, 2006, in the San Francisco Bay Area,
covering topics from DNS to DDNS & DHCP.  Email [email-masked].
-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.	-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg