Subject: RE: [dhcwg] a quesion about RFC3046 and RFC4649

From: "Kostur, Andre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 20:06:11 -0700

> I don't think RFC 3315, OPTION_INTERFACE_ID work the same 
> function as the RFC3046,Circuit ID sub-option

You need to be a little clearer on what you're looking for.

The Interface-ID is:

   The relay agent MAY send the Interface-id option to identify
   the interface on which the client message was received.

The Client ID is:

   This sub-option MAY be added by DHCP relay agents which terminate
   switched or permanent circuits.  It encodes an agent-local identifier
   of the circuit from which a DHCP client-to-server packet was
   received.  

How are they so different?
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Lawrence Zou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:36:35 +0800

I want to add some information about VLAN/PVC number in the relay-forwarding
message
In my mind,the Interface-ID identify the interface,i don't know whether it
can also include VLAN/PVC information,
maybe it did can do such kind of things,then i think the RFC3315 at least
should make it clearer.

Best regards,

Lawrence 

  _____  

From: Kostur, Andre [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 11:06 AM
To: Lawrence Zou; Kostur, Andre; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] a quesion about RFC3046 and RFC4649

The Interface-ID is: 

The Client ID is: