Subject: [dhcwg] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-joshi-dhcp-lease-query-ext-02.txt

From: "bharat_joshi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:48:39 +0530

Hi All,

     We have submitted a revised version of our draft "Extension of DHCP Leasequery in Bridging/Switching networks".

     Thanks to Stig, Stefaan, David, Andrew and Ted for their valuable feedback. We have taken care of all the comments and questions raised by them. We have not received any more comments on this document and it looks to be in a stable state.

Stig/Ralph,
      As all the questions/comments raised on this docuemnt has been addressed, We think that its ready to be accepted as a Working Group item. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Bharat

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Mon 9/25/2006 8:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-joshi-dhcp-lease-query-ext-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Extension of DHCP Leasequery in Bridging/Switching networks
        Author(s)       : B. Joshi, P. Kurapati
        Filename        : draft-joshi-dhcp-lease-query-ext-02.txt
        Pages           : 21
        Date            : 2006-9-25
      
As per industry trends, Access Networks have been migrating from
traditional ATM based networks to Ethernet networks.  In Ethernet
based access networks, Access Concentrators are typically configured
to act as traditional bridge.  These Access Concentrators also act as
relay agents and relay DHCP messages between hosts and DHCP servers.
It also maintains and updates lease/location information while
relaying the DHCP messages.  Access Concentrators may use the lease/
location information for anti-spoofing, data forwarding etc.  This
lease/location information is lost if an Access Concentrator gets
rebooted.  RFC 4388 [5] has defined a new message type DHCPLEASEQUERY
to address similar limitation in Routed Access Networks.

This document initially gives an overview of the functioning of the
Access Concentrator acting as a relay agent in a Layer 2 aggregation
network.  The limitation[as mentioned above] in a typical switched/
bridged[layer 2] is then discussed followed by the proposal to extend
the DHCPLEASEQUERY message to address this limitation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-joshi-dhcp-lease-query-ext-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-joshi-dhcp-lease-query-ext-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-joshi-dhcp-lease-query-ext-02.txt".
      
NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg