Subject: [dhcwg] Review of draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 18:58:07 -0800

The v6ops working group is approaching a working group last call on  
draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications within the coming few weeks.  
We would appreciate a review from your working group of this document  
before we do so. How that is done is up to you; you may designate one  
or more reviewers, or simply conduct the review on your mailing list,  
or whatever else suits you. But please respond to the authors copying  
v6ops within the coming four weeks if you would.

Thank you for your help in this.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 21:39:35 +0000

Per Fred's request, please let v6ops and/or authors know if you have
any thoughts regarding this draft. In particular there is the following
section:

4.2.  DHCP Service Configuration Options

    The administrator should configure DHCPv6 so that the first addresses
    allocated from the pool begins much higher in the address space than
    at [prefix]::1.  DHCPv6 also includes an option to use Privacy
    Extension [2] addresses, i.e. temporary addresses, as described in
    Section 12 of the DHCPv6 [5] specification.  It is desirable that
    allocated addresses are not sequential, nor have any predictable
    pattern to them.

Stig

Fred Baker wrote:
> draft-ietf-v6ops-scanning-implications within the coming few weeks.  We 
> would appreciate a review from your working group of this document