Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 4578 on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Options for the Intel Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:20:16 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4578

        Title:      Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) 
                    Options for the Intel Preboot eXecution 
                    Environment (PXE) 
        Author:     M. Johnston, S. Venaas, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13238
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-pxe-options-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4578.txt

We define Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) options being
used by Preboot eXecution Environment (PXE) and Extensible Firmware
Interface (EFI) clients to uniquely identify booting client machines
and their pre-OS runtime environment so that the DHCP and/or PXE boot
server can return the correct OS bootstrap image (or pre-boot
application) name and server to the client.  This memo provides 
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg