Subject: [dhcwg] Revised DHCPv6 Leasequery Draft

From: "Bernie Volz \(volz\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:46:46 -0500

Folks:

I have just submitted a revised version of the DHCPv6 Leasequery draft
for publication (see
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-leasequery-01.txt for
a preview).

There are two major changes in this draft:

1. We recently noticed that we had not provided any means to return the
relay agent information for a client. This is obviously a serious
oversight and has been corrected by the addition of a new leasequery
option to return this data.

2. There were several requests to allow queries by DUID as this
functionality was provided in the DHCPv4 LeaseQuery RFC. So, this has
been added "back". This query can be done on either any (all) links or a
single link. If single link, the response is the client's information
(if available). If any link and the client is on more than one link, a
list of the links are returned and the requestor must query once for
each link to get the client information for that link.

- Bernie 

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg