Subject: [dhcwg] FW: Changes to IANA Protocol Number Assignment Services web page

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:01:15 -0400

I've sent in the following request for changes to DHCP/BOOTP information at
iana.org.  Please respond if you have any comments.

- Ralph

------ Forwarded Message
From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:13:12 -0400
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>, "Mark
Townsley (townsley)" <[email-masked]>
Conversation: Changes to IANA Protocol Number Assignment Services web page
Subject: Changes to IANA Protocol Number Assignment Services web page

I have some changes to request in the IANA Protocol Number Assignment
Services web pages, http://www.iana.org/numbers.html

Most of the entries under the topic heading "Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) and
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol" are actually specific to DHCP and BOOTP
is almost an historic protocol at this point.  I suggest renaming this
heading to "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Bootstrap
Protocol (BOOTP)" and moving it to replace the heading "Dynamic Host
Configuration Protocol (DHCP)"

All of the notes in the directory
http://www.iana.org/assignments/bootp-dhcp-extensions/ have been deprecated
by RFC 3942.  These notes and the directory should be removed.  There are
references to this directory in two places; these links should also be
removed:

Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
BOOTP and DHCP Extensions

Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
Extensions

- Ralph Droms
  co-chair, dhc WG

------ End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg