Subject: [dhcwg] Dimensioning of DHCP Server

From: "Aggarwal Vivek-Q4997C" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:10:29 +0800

Hello All

Can anyone please tell me that what should be the Hardware of DHCP Sever
for 10 k subscribers in terms of CPU, Memory and RAM

We are planning to use sun 8000 Modular Blade Server Chassis. If anyone
can tell what should be th size of hardisk for handling 10 K subs

Rgds

Vivek Aggarwal

+919945505704

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:28:23 -0700

> for 10 k subscribers in terms of CPU, Memory and RAM

The DHC WG mailing list isn't an appropriate place to ask that
question.  You've reached a group of people who talk about
protocol improvements or clarifications/changes.

If your DHCP software vendor has a mailing list, or lists an
email or telephone contact (such as a support line), that would
be a better place to ask.

To get you a head start down that road, one of the things your
vendor is going to want to hear is what lease times you will be
giving to subscribers.  This governs a (usually) major source
of DHCP packet activity; renewals.

Best of luck.

-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.	-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg