Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PXELINUX Use of 'Site Local' Option Space
	Author(s)	: D. Hankins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2007-4-18
	
This document is in response to RFC3942 [4], and describes the use by
   PXELINUX of some DHCP Option Codes [1] numbering from 208-211.  These
   codes were designated 'Site Local' [2] prior to this action, and are
   redefined by RFC3942 as available for allocation as standard DHCP
   Options.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:13:21 -0700

> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-01.txt

In this revision,

A) Move to Informational status (as per discussion closing last attempt
   at last-call).

B) Some nits; renamed "PXELINUX in a Nutshell" section to "Introduction",
   separated Normative and Informative references.

These are both cosmetic.

Since there are no major changes, I expect to ask for a last call
after a week or so.

Sorry this practical no-op is a year in coming.  I've been busy.

-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.	-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg