Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'DHCPv6 Leasequery' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 21:42:28 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DHCPv6 Leasequery '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-leasequery-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-leasequery-01.txt

Technical Summary
 
  "DHCPv6 Leasequery" <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-leasequery-00.txt>
   specifies a mechanism, "leasequery", for the Dynamic Host
   Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) through which lease
   information about DHCPv6 clients can be obtained from a DHCPv6
   server.  This document specifies the scope of data that can be
   retrieved as well as both DHCPv6 leasequery requestor and server
   behavior.  This document extends DHCPv6.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  There was significant WG involvement in the development of the final
  version of this document.  There was strong consensus from a few
  individuals, with no dissenting opinions, in response to the WG last
  call. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
  There are no known implementations of the protocol.  Comcast
  contributed to the document, so it is expected that there will be
  implementations to meet Comcast and other DOCSIS 3.0 deployment
  requirements.  No special reviews were performed or required.

  The mechanism in this document is related to and based in
  implementation and deployment experience with a similar leasequery
  mechanism for DHCPv4, RFC 4388.

  Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG.
  In addition, Margaret Wasserman from IP Directorate has 
  reviewed the specification.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg