Subject: [dhcwg] mip4 and dhc WG joint last call on draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:19:40 -0400

This message announces a joint WG last call for the mip4 and dhc WGs
on "Mobile IPv4 Extension for Configuration Options Exchange"
<draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt>.  The last call will conclude at
1700EDT, Monday, 06/25/07.

The dhc WG is asked to review the use of DHCP options in this draft to
pass configuration information to a mobile node.

Please respond to this joint WG last call.  Responses may be sent to
either [email-masked] or [email-masked].  If you support acceptance of
the document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so
that support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion
does not represent positive support.  If there is no expression of
support for acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not
be advanced to the IESG.

draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt describes the mechanism for providing
the host configuration information during Mobile IP registration.  One
or more Configuration Options Exchange Extensions may be included in
the registration message to provide the Mobile Node the configuration
parameters needed for network service (e.g.  DNS).  This draft is
available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip4-gen-ext-03.txt

- Stig Venaas, Ralph Droms
  dhc WG chairs

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg