Subject: [dhcwg] Joint mip6 and dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-integrated and draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:56:13 -0400

This message announces a joint mip6 and dhc WG last call on
"MIP6-bootstrapping for the Integrated Scenario"
<draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-integrated-04.txt> and "DHCP Option for
Home Information Discovery in MIPv6" <draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-05.txt>.
The last call will conclude at 1700EDT on 06/28/07.

Note that draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-05.txt was recently submitted for
publication and should appear on all the usual I-D repositories soon.

The dhc WG is asked to review the use and design of DHCP options in
these documents.

Please respond to this WG last call.  Responses may be sent to either
[email-masked] or [email-masked].  If you support acceptance of the
documents without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not
represent positive support.  If there is no expression of support for
acceptance during the WG last call, the documents will not be advanced
to the IESG.

Summary of documents:

In an integrated mobility scenario, the mobile node's mobility service
is authorized by the same service authorizer as the network access
service authorizer.  draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-integrated-04.txt
defines a method for home agent information discovery for the
integrated scenario.  draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-05.txt defines a
DHCP-based scheme to enable dynamic discovery of Mobile IPv6 home
agent address, home agent FQDN and home subnet.  New DHCP options are
defined to carry the information from a DHCP server to the DHCP client
running on the mobile node.

These drafts are available as:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-bootstrapping-integrated
-04.txt
and http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-05.txt

- Stig Venaas, Ralph Droms
  dhc WG chairs

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg