Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'DHCPv6 Relay Agent Echo Request Option' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:35:25 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DHCPv6 Relay Agent Echo Request Option '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-ero-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-ero-01.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies a Relay Agent Echo Request 
  option for the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for
  IPv6 (DHCPv6).  The option allows a DHCPv6 relay agent to 
  request a list of relay agent options that the server 
  echoes back to the relay agent.

Working Group Summary
 
  This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration
  Working Group of the IETF.

Protocol Quality
 
  There are no known implementations of the protocol.
  However, the need for this option was identified by 
  Comcast and Cisco during planning for deployment of
  DHCPv6 as a part of the DOCSIS 3.0 specification. 
  Therefore, we expect Cisco and other vendors of equipment 
  compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 to implement the option, and
  we expect Comcast and other cable service providers to
  use the option in their DOCSIS 3.0 deployments.
  No special reviews were performed or required.

  Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG.
  A review was requested from the IP Directorate, and
  Brian Haberman reviewed the specification.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg