Subject: [dhcwg] Revised DHCPv6 Leasequery Draft

From: "Bernie Volz \(volz\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:04:48 -0400

Hello:

The IESG review and IETF last-call process uncovered a bunch of issues
with regards to the draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-leasequery-00 draft and I've
just submitted a revised version to address those nits and more
significant issues.

For those that want to review the revised draft now, you can do so at
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-leasequery-01.txt.
Attached is also the differences between the two drafts.

The highlight of the changes (from the change log in the draft) are:

   The changes between draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-leaesquery-00 and this
   version were as a result of the IETF last-call and IESG review:
   o  Several spelling, typographical, and grammatical corrections were
      made.
   o  The Terminology section was expanded to define more of the terms
      used, using the definitions from RFC 4388 [3].
   o  The Introduction and Protocol Overview sections were revised to
      explicitly reference material in RFC 4388 [3] and also indicate
      some of the key differences.
   o  The Security Considerations section was reworked.
   o  The IANA Considerations section now specifies how new query-type
      codes are assigned - through Standards Action.
   o  Additional references were added as a result of the above changes.

   Thanks to those that pointed out the above issues during the last-
   call process, including Jari Arkko, Lars Eggert, Sam Hartman, Alfred
   Hoenes, Tim Polk, and the folks at IANA.

The IESG status of this draft and issues can be viewed at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=print_ballot&
ballot_id=2449&filename=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-leasequery.

I did circulate a preliminary version to those that had pointed out
issues (minor or major) and have received comments back from most that
this version addresses their concerns, including Tim Polk.

- Bernie
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg