Subject: [dhcwg] Regarding DHCPv6

From: Mari Muthu D <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:52:30 +0530

Dear All,

I have one doubt in the Tahi conformance DHCPv6 Server Test suit

The below mentioned test case indicate weather Message level status code or
IA level status code

Page no: 169;

Test case: 5.69 Respond for when not appropriate for link(return w/status
code= NotOnlink) 

;

;

Judgment is as follows

.......

The Reply must have IA_NA option with status code option NotOnLink. 

But Verification points as 

<>msg-type

       REPLY (7)

.

.

.

.

<>IANA option

<>Status code option

              Value = NotOnLink

Let me know weather status code present is IA level or Message Level.

Thanks and Regards,

Mari Muthu D

Senior Software Engineer,

Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

#1489, Level 3, Leela Galleria,

Leela Palace, #23, Airport Road,

Bangalore - 8          

Keep true, never be ashamed of doing right; Decide on what you think is
right and stick to it.

****************************************************************************
****************************************************************************
****************************************************************************
*   This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!
****************************************************************************
****************************************************************************
****************************************************************************
*

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:19:51 -0700

> The Reply must have IA_NA option with status code option NotOnLink. 

3315 section 18.2.2 ("Receipt of Confirm Messages") makes no mention
of including any IA.

Its guidance is quite short:

   The server constructs a Reply message by setting the "msg-type" field
   to REPLY, and copying the transaction ID from the Confirm message
   into the transaction-id field.

   The server MUST include a Server Identifier option containing the
   server's DUID and the Client Identifier option from the Confirm
   message in the Reply message.  The server includes a Status Code
   option indicating the status of the Confirm message.

And that's the end.  Section 17.2.3 ("Creation and Transmission of
Reply Messages") makes no mention of IA's, and refers downards to
18.2.1 ("Receipt of Request Messages") seemingly in the context of
processing rapid-commits.  Section 18.2.1 does make mention of
including IA's, but this is now Request processing.

So I would expect a Reply to a Confirm to include the two Identifiers
and a status code option only.  The server may omit the status code
option, in which case it's understood by the client to be Success.

Any other behaviour is unspecified.

-- 
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/
-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		     you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.		-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg