Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: Nomcom 2007-8: Nominations Close on Sep 10, 2007

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 22:01:18 -0400

Forwarded from Lakshminath Dondeti, chair of this year's nomcom.

Please take some time to review your experiences with the IESG, IAB  
and IAOC, read the requirements for the positions under review by the  
nomcom and nominate some candidates.  THe nomcom selection process is  
crucial to getting the best leadership in place for the I*  
organizations.  Even if you're satisfied with the incumbents,  
nominate other qualified candidates.  The nomcom sometimes chooses to  
move incumbents to new positions, thereby creating an unexpected  
opening.

- Ralph

-----
All,

Here is the link to nominate: https://tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/07/ 
nominate

You may also send nominations or comments via email to  
[email-masked] or [email-masked].

We have received very few nominations (1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 8, 8, 19)  
and even fewer accepted (1-2 people in each area, IAB acceptances is  
4 at last count).

I request the community to provide feedback on the incumbents (send  
email or send notes via the web page).

1) If you think that the incumbent is doing a good job
     a) provide feedback AND
     b) nominate similar people just in case there is strong negative  
feedback on the incumbent

2) If you think the incumbent can do somethings better
    a) provide feedback AND
    b) nominate someone who you think might do better

Candidates, if time commitment is the only issue, please indicate  
that to the nomcom and accept the nominations.

thanks,
Lakshminath

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg