Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Options Used by PXELINUX
	Author(s)	: D. Hankins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-03.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2007-9-28
	
This document describes the use by PXELINUX of some DHCP Option Codes
   numbering from 208-211.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:33:41 -0700

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-03.txt

This is an edit pursuant to IESG review.  I would like to ask folks
to have a look and make sure they agree with the changes before the
end of next week, Oct. 5.

The easiest thing is to look at the diff side by side with this handy
tool:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dhc/draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux/draft-ietf-dhc-pxelinux-03-from-02.diff.html

The largest changes are rearranging blocks of text, adding a block of
text in the introduction to explain the unusual procedure of
allocating RFC3942 options, citation fixups, and an explicit
conformance definition that requires 3 of the 4 options (not the
MAGIC option).

Note in particular that a reference to RFC 854 (telnet) was made for
"NVT-ASCII".

This is a reference that hasn't been made in previous documents now
RFC, and may not be made in some standing documents?  Those writing
drafts may wish to add this reference while they remember.

-- 
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/
-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		     you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.		-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg