Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 5010 on The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Version 4 (DHCPv4) Relay Agent Flags Suboption

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 17:40:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5010

        Title:      The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol 
                    Version 4 (DHCPv4) Relay Agent Flags 
                    Suboption 
        Author:     K. Kinnear, M. Normoyle,
                    M. Stapp
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 13834
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-relay-agent-flags-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5010.txt

This memo defines a new suboption of the Dynamic Host Configuration
Protocol (DHCP) relay agent information option that allows the DHCP
relay to specify flags for the forwarded packet.  One flag is defined
to indicate whether the DHCP relay received the packet via a unicast
or broadcast packet.  This information may be used by the DHCP server
to better serve clients based on whether their request was originally
broadcast or unicast.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg