Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-06

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:10:57 -0800

1) I realize this is informational, but I wanted to mention that
ISC DHCP is not easily capable of supporting this option due to;

   Multiple Subnet-Request suboptions in a DHCP packet indicate that
   multiple subnets are being requested.

Except for DHCPv6, we always concatenate DHCP options prior to
evaluating their contents.

2) There are some inconsistent normative languages, Section 3.1;

   The DHCP Server SHOULD NOT include the Subnet Request suboption in
   any replies to the DHCP Client.  Enough information will be present
   in the Subnet-Information suboption, such that the Subnet Request
   suboption is not needed in replies to the Client.

Section 4.2;

   The Server MUST NOT include the Subnet-Request suboption in the
   DHCPOFFER.  The same information is already present in the Subnet

-- 
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/
-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		     you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.		-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg