Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Layer 2 Relay Agent Information
	Author(s)	: B. Joshi, P. Kurapati
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2008-1-28
	
In some networks, DHCP servers rely on Relay Agent Information option
   appended by Relay Agents for IP address and other parameter
   assignment policies.  This works fine when end hosts are directly
   connected to Relay Agents.  In some network configurations, one or
   more Layer 2 devices may reside between DHCP clients and Relay agent.
   In these network scenarios, it is difficult to use the Relay Agent
   Information option for IP address and other parameter assignment
   policies effectively.  So there is a need for the device that is
   closest to the end hosts to append Relay Agent Information option in
   DHCP messages.  These devices are typically known as Layer 2 Relay
   Agents.

   This document aims to describe the network scenarios where Layer 2
   Relay Agent is in use and also how it handles DHCP messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg