Subject: [dhcwg] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt]

From: Bharat Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:50:11 +0530

Hi All,

    We have submitted 'Layer 2 Relay Agent Information' draft as the DHC
Working Group document.

    Based on the comments received on individual submission, a few
changes have been made in this document.

    Please review this document and let us know your comments. If there
are some good comments, we can come out with another version before the
01th version deadline [25th Feb].

Thanks,
Bharat

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 00:00:01 +0530
List-Id: <dhcwg.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Layer 2 Relay Agent Information
        Author(s)       : B. Joshi, P. Kurapati
        Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt
        Pages           : 19
        Date            : 2008-1-28

In some networks, DHCP servers rely on Relay Agent Information option
   appended by Relay Agents for IP address and other parameter
   assignment policies.  This works fine when end hosts are directly
   connected to Relay Agents.  In some network configurations, one or
   more Layer 2 devices may reside between DHCP clients and Relay agent.
   In these network scenarios, it is difficult to use the Relay Agent
   Information option for IP address and other parameter assignment
   policies effectively.  So there is a need for the device that is
   closest to the end hosts to append Relay Agent Information option in
   DHCP messages.  These devices are typically known as Layer 2 Relay
   Agents.

   This document aims to describe the network scenarios where Layer 2
   Relay Agent is in use and also how it handles DHCP messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Q29udGVudC1UeXBlOiBtZXNzYWdlL2V4dGVybmFsLWJvZHk7IGFjY2Vzcy10eXBlPW1haWwtc2Vy
dmVyOw0KCXNlcnZlcj0ibWFpbHNlcnZAaWV0Zi5vcmciDQoNCkNvbnRlbnQtVHlwZTogdGV4dC9w
bGFpbg0KQ29udGVudC1JRDogPDIwMDgtMi0xMzEwMjY0NS5JLURAaWV0Zi5vcmc+DQoNCkVOQ09E
SU5HIG1pbWUNCkZJTEUgL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0cy9kcmFmdC1pZXRmLWRoYy1sMnJhLTAwLnR4
dA0K
W0ludGVybmV0U2hvcnRjdXRdDQpVUkw9ZnRwOi8vZnRwLmlldGYub3JnL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0
cy9kcmFmdC1pZXRmLWRoYy1sMnJhLTAwLnR4dA0K
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg