Subject: [dhcwg] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt]

From: Bharat Joshi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:05:49 +0530

Hi All,

    Based on the discussion of our previous draft, we divided that draft
into two. One that explains the basic Layer 2 Relay Agent behavior and
how it is used in some networks. It is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-00.txt

    The second part was the extension to Layer 2 Relay Agent
functionality which is now described in this draft. It is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt

    Please review these documents and let us know your comments.

Thanks,
Bharat

**************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.
***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 03:15:02 +0530
List-Id: <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Extensions to Layer 2 Relay Agent
        Author(s)       : B. Joshi, P. Kurapati, M. Kamath, S. De Cnodder
        Filename        : draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt
        Pages           : 23
        Date            : 2008-2-14

As per industry trends, Access Networks have been migrating from
   traditional ATM based networks to Ethernet networks.  In Ethernet
   based access networks, Access Concentrators are typically configured
   to act as a transparent bridge in Layer 2 mode.  These Access
   Concentrators also act as Layer 2 relay agents.  Layer 2 Relay Agent functionality does not provide means to avoid flooding of DHCP
   messages and also needs to be extended to support DHCP LeaseQuery
   This draft discusses these issues and provides solutions for the
   same.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kurapati-dhc-l2ra-extensions-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
Q29udGVudC1UeXBlOiBtZXNzYWdlL2V4dGVybmFsLWJvZHk7IGFjY2Vzcy10eXBlPW1haWwtc2Vy
dmVyOw0KCXNlcnZlcj0ibWFpbHNlcnZAaWV0Zi5vcmciDQoNCkNvbnRlbnQtVHlwZTogdGV4dC9w
bGFpbg0KQ29udGVudC1JRDogPDIwMDgtMi0xNDEzNDA0My5JLURAaWV0Zi5vcmc+DQoNCkVOQ09E
SU5HIG1pbWUNCkZJTEUgL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0cy9kcmFmdC1rdXJhcGF0aS1kaGMtbDJyYS1l
eHRlbnNpb25zLTAwLnR4dA0K
W0ludGVybmV0U2hvcnRjdXRdDQpVUkw9ZnRwOi8vZnRwLmlldGYub3JnL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0
cy9kcmFmdC1rdXJhcGF0aS1kaGMtbDJyYS1leHRlbnNpb25zLTAwLnR4dA0K
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg