Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-bulk-leasequery-00

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:33:25 -0400

This message announces a WG last call on "DHCPv6 Bulk Leasequery"
<draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-bulk-leasequery-00.txt>.  The last call will  
conclude at
1700EDT on 05-19-2008.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not
represent positive support.  If there is no expression of support for
acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be advanced
to the IESG.

There was an issue raised during the discussion of this draft at the
dhc WG meeting during IETF-71 regarding the termination of the TCP
connection after a bulk leasequery transaction.  That issue should be
discussed during this last call, and the duration of the last call has
been extended to three weeks to allow for that discussion.

The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) has been
extended with a Leasequery capability that allows a client to request
information about DHCPv6 bindings.  That mechanism is limited to
queries for individual bindings.  In some situations individual
binding queries may not be efficient, or even possible.
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-bulk-leasequery-00.txt specifies extensions to
the Leasequery protocol that add new query types and allow for bulk
transfer of DHCPv6 binding data.  This draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-bulk-leasequery-00.txt

- John Brzozowski, Ralph Droms
   dhc WG chairs

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg