Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Layer 2 Relay Agent Information
	Author(s)	: B. Joshi, P. Kurapati
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2008-5-16
	
In some networks, DHCP servers rely on Relay Agent Information option
   appended by Relay Agents for IP address and other parameter
   assignment policies.  This works fine when end hosts are directly
   connected to Relay Agents.  In some network configurations, one or
   more Layer 2 devices may reside between DHCP clients and Relay agent.
   In these network scenarios, it is difficult to use the Relay Agent
   Information option for IP address and other parameter assignment
   policies effectively.  So there is a need for the device that is  closest to the end hosts to append Relay Agent Information option in
   DHCP messages.  These devices are typically known as Layer 2 Relay
   Agents.

   This document aims to describe the network scenarios where Layer 2
   Relay Agent is in use and also how it handles DHCP messages.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg