Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-09.txt

From: Kim Kinnear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:29:21 -0400

Folks,

I've submitted a new version of the VSS option and sub-option
draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-vpn-option-09.txt

After the last DHC WG meeting, I knew there was confusion
in several areas, but exactly what was wrong was a little murky.

Thanks to the excellent jabber script taken by Ted, which I've
read and re-read and re-re-read, I managed to conclude that there
were three areas requiring work:

  1.  What is the relationship of the VSS information (and
  therefore the VPN) to the address pools or links in the DHCP
  server?

  2.  How do we deal with conflicts where one relay agent sends
  in VSS information which conflicts with the server's view of
  the VSS information or another relay agent's view of the VSS
  information or the client's inclusion of VSS information?

  3.  Just how is all of this stuff supposed to work, anyway?

I believe that what was missing was an overview of how all of
this is supposed to work, so I dealt with all three issues by
writing about three new pages (Section 4) which should answer #3,
#1, and provide some framework for dealing with #2.

I also corrected numerous issues throughout the rest of the
draft.

I believe the draft is now (somewhat belatedly) ready for the
review by several interested folks that we discussed in
Vancouver.    Other comments are certainly welcome as well.

Regards -- Kim

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg