Subject: [dhcwg] New Version Notification for draft-volz-dhc-dhcpv6-vendor-message-01

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:47:35 -0400

FYI -

I did submit a new version of the vendor specific message draft that I
originally presented at the Prague IETF. It was not well received in
Prague but there is interest from some in this work so I've resubmitted
it. I did remove the vendor-specific options range. So, this just
defines a message.

---

There is also interest from some in a DHCPv4 draft for this same purpose
and I will prepare one but I doubt in time for the -00 submission
deadline (which is the end of today).

The idea here is similar to the DHCPv6 draft, but a new option would be
needed to specify the Enterprise-ID associated with the vendor-specific
message. So, for DHCPv4 it would require assigning a new message number
and a new option to carry the Enterprise-ID.

---

I won't be at the Dublin IETF. If someone else is interested in this
work and wants to discuss it, please get in touch with the DHC WG chairs
for time (if still available).

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 8:27 AM
To: Bernie Volz (volz)
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-volz-dhc-dhcpv6-vendor-message-01 

A new version of I-D, draft-volz-dhc-dhcpv6-vendor-message-01.txt has
been successfuly submitted by Bernie Volz and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-volz-dhc-dhcpv6-vendor-message
Revision:	 01
Title:		 DHCP Vendor-specific Message
Creation_date:	 2008-07-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 6

Abstract:
This document requests a vendor-specific DHCPv6 message assignment.
This message can be used for vendor specific and experimental
purposes.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 17:33:07 -0400

I did just submit a draft-volz-dhc-dhcpv4-vendor-message-00.txt for the
DHCPv4 version of the draft.

I think that at some future point (assuming it progresses),
consolidating to a single draft would make sense.

- Bernie 

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernie Volz (volz) 
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 9:48 AM
To: DHC WG
Subject: New Version Notification for

FYI -

---

---

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 8:27 AM
To: Bernie Volz (volz)
Subject: New Version Notification for

Abstract:

The IETF Secretariat.