Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-container-opt-01

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:44:26 -0400

This message announces a WG last call on "Container Option for Server
Configuration" <draft-ietf-dhc-container-opt-01>.  The last call will
conclude at 1700PDT 9/29/2008.

Please respond to this WG last call.  If you support acceptance of the
document without change, respond with a simple acknowledgment, so that
support for the document can be assessed.  Lack of discussion does not
represent positive support.  If there is no expression of support for
acceptance during the WG last call, the document will not be advanced
to the IESG.

draft-ietf-dhc-container-opt-01 defines a DHCP option that carries a
set of DHCP options that can be used by another DHCP server.  In some
DHCP service deployments, it is desirable for a DHCP server in one
administrative domain to pass configuration options to a DHCP server
in a different administrative domain.  draft is available as
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-container-opt-01.txt

- John Brzozowski, Ralph Droms
   dhc WG chairs

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 15:40:07 -0700

I support advancing this draft to the IESG without modification.

-- 
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/
-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		     you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.		-- Jack T. Hankins
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Maglione Roberta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:19:44 +0200

I support advancing this draft.

Regards,
Roberta

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ralph Droms [[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 11:44 PM
To: DHC WG
Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-container-opt-01

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
--------------------------------------------------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to [email-masked].

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 19:19:52 -0400

While I support this document moving forward, there are a few issues.

In section 2, Terminology:

   This document uses terminology for DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 as defined in
   RFCs 2131 and 2132, respectively.

I think 2132 was supposed to be 3315?

In Section 5.5, RG server behavior:

	"Appendices TBD give a list of DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 options that
the RG server MUST discard."

Don't these TBD have to be specified? There are no appendicies in this
document?

Also, in this section it states:

   The RG server MUST discard any options related to IP address
   assignment, IPv6 prefix delegation or operation of the DHCP protocol
   itself.  

Shouldn't this be considered much more severe - such as discarding the
SP server's information completely if it supplied these options? That
would imply that it is trying to do something bad -- so why accept
anything from it?

Also, because this document mentions "IPv6 prefix delegation", shouldn't
there be at least an Informative reference to RFC 3633?

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ralph Droms (rdroms)
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 5:44 PM
To: DHC WG
Subject: [dhcwg] dhc WG last call on draft-ietf-dhc-container-opt-01