Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-deng-dhc-service-identifiers-03.txt

From: "Hui Deng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:52:51 +0800

Hello all,

This draft got several comments during the last meeting.
We revised the draft based on it, detail below, please let us know
if it has removed your main concern:
1)lifetime cache in the client side might expire?
The lifetime of the data for this option is controlled by the
Solicit/Advertise/Request/Reply times or the OPTION_INFORMATION_REFRESH_TIME
(Information-Request/Reply).

2)alternative architecture to use this identifier?
some description word about the existing service discovery protocols - SLP,
DNS (srv records),

3)client intiate a service
we allow this usage in the section Option usage

Thanks for your further comments,
Best regards,

-Hui

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2008/11/3
Subject: I-D Action:draft-deng-dhc-service-identifiers-03.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

       Title           : Service Identfiers Option for DHCPv6
       Author(s)       : H. Deng, et al.
       Filename        : draft-deng-dhc-service-identifiers-03.txt
       Pages           : 12
       Date            : 2008-11-03

This document describes a new option for DHCPv6 [RFC3315] that
provides a mechanism for specifying a list of service identifer which
this connection support or don't support.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-deng-dhc-service-identifiers-03.txt
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg