Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-extensions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extensions to Layer 2 Relay Agent
	Author(s)	: B. Joshi, P. Kurapati, M. Kamath, S. De Cnodder
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-extensions-01.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2009-2-25
	
As per industry trends, Access Networks have been migrating from
   traditional ATM based networks to Ethernet networks.  In Ethernet
   based access networks, Access Concentrators are typically configured
   to act as a transparent bridge in Layer 2 mode.  These Access
   Concentrators also act as Layer 2 relay agents.  Layer 2 Relay Agent
   functionality does not provide means to avoid flooding of DHCP
   messages and also needs to be extended to support DHCP LeaseQuery
   This draft discusses these issues and provides solutions for the
   same.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-extensions-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.