Subject: [dhcwg] L2RA Clarification

From: "MILES DAVID" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 05:30:08 +0800

Woj,

I just checked the draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-03 and there is nothing in this
draft I can see that is new/not per current implementation.

The Relay Agent Information Option (RFC 3046) is commonly known as
Option-82. It is not the option described in
draft-ietf-l2ra-extensions-01: this extensions draft defines a Relay
Agent Hardware Address which may be what you were thinking of.

This would lead me to ask the WG whether this we can progress last call
pending Woj's comments? Unfortunately the original agenda linked the
l2ra-extenions draft by mistake.

Cheers,

David Miles

---

From: "Wojciech Dec (wdec)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:51:59 +0100

Agreed. I was reading
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-extensions-01 during the
preso. Got no issues with draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-03 
 
-Woj.

________________________________

	From: MILES DAVID [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: 25 March 2009 14:30
	To: Wojciech Dec (wdec); [email-masked]
	Subject: L2RA Clarification

	Woj,

	I just checked the draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-03 and there is nothing
in this draft I can see that is new/not per current implementation.

	The Relay Agent Information Option (RFC 3046) is commonly known
as Option-82. It is not the option described in
draft-ietf-l2ra-extensions-01: this extensions draft defines a Relay
Agent Hardware Address which may be what you were thinking of.

	This would lead me to ask the WG whether this we can progress
last call pending Woj's comments? Unfortunately the original agenda
linked the l2ra-extenions draft by mistake.

	Cheers,

	David Miles

---

From: "MILES DAVID" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 05:53:13 +0800

Chairs,

Can we take this (draft-ietf-dhc-l2ra-03) to WG last call on the list?

Cheers,

-David

From: Wojciech Dec (wdec) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:52 PM
To: MILES DAVID; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: L2RA Clarification

Agreed. I was reading

-Woj.

	Woj,

	Cheers,

	David Miles