Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Subnet Allocation Option
	Author(s)	: R. Johnson, J. Kumarasamy, K. Kinnear, M. Stapp
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-09.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2009-3-11
	
This document defines a new DHCP option which is passed between the
   DHCP Client and the DHCP Server to request dynamic allocation of a
   subnet, give specifications of subnet(s) allocated, and report usage
   statistics.  This memo documents the current usage of the option in
   agreement with [RFC3942], which declares that any pre-existing usages
   of option numbers in the range 128 - 223 should be documented and the
   working group will try to officially assign those numbers to those
   options.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Richard Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:37:59 -0700

Unless I'm missing something, the Subnet Allocation draft has been  
through WG LC at least 3 times and with this last revision, this last  
time actually received sufficient reviews that I think we can call it  
done and *finally* move on?

/raj

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: March 11, 2009 1:45:01 PM PDT
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [dhcwg] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-09.txt
> Sender: [email-masked]
>
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

---

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:32:38 -0700

AFAICT, the IPR will still be there whether/not this
document actually publishes as an RFC. I would still
appreciate clarification on the IPR, but I cannot see
that holding up publication - does anyone else see it
differently?

Fred
[email-masked]

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richard Johnson [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:38 PM
> To: [email-masked] WG
> Cc: dhc Chairs; [email-masked]
> Subject: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-09.txt finished with WGLC
>

---

From: Richard Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:14:28 -0700

The IPR for this is the same as the standard Cisco IPR; basically,  
"don't sue us and we won't sue you" is my understanding, and it's  
always been that way.  I could contact our Cisco lawyers and have then  
try to clarify it more, if that would help.

/raj

---

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:59:18 -0700

Richard,

I like the spirit of what you are saying; if the lawyers
agreed, that would make me feel even better. But, I don't
think any of this should hold up publication - any other
opinions?

Fred

> Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:14 PM
> To: Templin, Fred L
> Cc: [email-masked]; dhc Chairs;
[email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [dhcwg] draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-09.txt finished with
WGLC
> >>> This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration
Working
> >>> Group of the IETF.