Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-netboot-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 02:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv6 option for network boot
	Author(s)       : T. Huth, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-netboot-06.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-10-26

The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) provides a
framework for passing configuration information to nodes on a
network.  This document describes new options for DHCPv6 which are
required for booting a node from the network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-netboot-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Thomas Huth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:30:14 +0100

Here comes now the new version! As discussed, we've removed the
"precedence" fields and multi-option approach, changed the character set of
the parameters from ASCII to UTF-8 and added some more explanation to the
kernel parameters option.

I think this is now a real solid draft. Ted, could you please do another
"last call" or whatever is required to move this forwards?

Thanks,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,
   Thomas Huth
                                                                           
    IBM Deutschland                 Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:        
    Research & Development GmbH     Martin Jetter                          
    Schönaicher Str. 220            Geschäftsführung: Erich Baier          
    71032 Böblingen                 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen       
    Tel.: +49-7031-16-2183          Registergericht: Amtsgericht           
                                    Stuttgart, HRB 243294