Subject: [dhcwg] Query Regarding zero IAID in DHCPv6

From: GAURAV HALWASIA <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 08:06:50 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Team,

I have a query regarding the value of IAID in the DHCPv6 messages send by the client. Can a client have/send IAID as zero in the DHCPv6 SOLICIT / REQUEST messages. What should be done for those messages.?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Halwasia

Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php

---

From: Damien Neil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:20:25 -0700

On Oct 1, 2009, at 8:06 AM, GAURAV HALWASIA wrote:
> I have a query regarding the value of IAID in the DHCPv6 messages  
> send by the client. Can a client have/send IAID as zero in the  
> DHCPv6 SOLICIT / REQUEST messages. What should be done for those  
> messages.?

RFC 3315 doesn't call out any special handling for specific IAID  
values, so an IAID of 0 should be treated the same as any other.

                   - Damien