Subject: [dhcwg] Comments on draft-jjmb-dhc-eap-auth-analysis-01

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:48:09 +0900

I have read the draft, and I think the draft is very well
written.  Especially I like the text that strongly
discourages relay agents implementing EAP, because of the
relay agent state issue which I mentioned before.  Thanks
for seriously capturing this issue.

I found that the draft does not discuss authorization issue.
 An AAA server typically assigns an authorization lifetime
to an authenticated and authorized  network access client,
and the client is forced to be disconneted from the network
when the authorization lifetime expires.  However, in the
case where DHCP and network access authentication are
integrated such as proposed in draft-pruss, there is an
issue on how authorization lifetime and IP address lease are
related with each other.  For example, what happens if
authorization lifetime expires before IP address lease time
expires?

Regards,
Yoshihiro Ohba