Subject: Re: [dhcwg] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-06

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 17:06:39 -0800

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 05:03:11PM -0800, IETF I-D Submission Tool wrote:
> Filename:	 draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines
> Revision:	 06

Again mostly editorial, I did try to extend a little text around
advice for draft authors looking at IP-address formats versus domain
names, and attempted to clarify a bit more about parameter request
lists and fragmentation (specifically, how DHCPv4 and DHCPv6 differ in
this case).  In particular my suggestion to generally avoid defining a
format that requires "multiple options" to express multiple values even
in DHCPv6 may be of interest to the WG for feedback.  I'm guessing at
the consensus position on preferring this mechanic for protocol
features (e.g., how it is used in the IA_* options), leaning towards
"arrays" otherwise as feasible.

-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		     you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.		-- Jack T. Hankins