Subject: Re: [dhcwg] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpinform-clarify-04

From: "David W. Hankins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 17:03:02 -0800

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 04:11:41PM -0800, IETF I-D Submission Tool wrote:
> Filename:	 draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpinform-clarify
> Revision:	 04

Largely, there are only minor editorial changes and rewordings to try
and simplify the language and remove extraneous details.

Primarily the objective is to re-up the draft.

I'm pretty content with the normative directions in the draft now, my
main question as its editor is if we want to trim it down any (to
describe "just the clarifications-or-changes" and assume the reader has
a good understanding of DHCPINFORM processing otherwise) or if we want
to extend the work and try and describe just the DHCPINFORM processing
in total.

Right now I think it can rightly be criticized as being somewhat
in-between, both clarifying and repeating RFC 2131, which may be a
valid third option.

-- 
David W. Hankins	"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer		     you'll just have to do it again."
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.		-- Jack T. Hankins