Subject: [dhcwg] DHCPv6 IA containing no addresses

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 19:37:41 +0900

Hello all,

I would like to ask for your opinion about the quoted description below.

   RFC 3315  18.2.3. Receipt of Renew Messages
  line#
  2821     If the server cannot find a client entry for the IA the server
  2822     returns the IA containing no addresses with a Status Code option set
  2823     to NoBinding in the Reply message.

   RFC 3633  12.2.  Delegating Router behavior
  line#
   764     Renew message:      If the delegating router cannot find a binding
   765                         for the requesting router's IA_PD the delegating
   766                         router returns the IA_PD containing no prefixes
   767                         with a Status Code option set to NoBinding in the
   768                         Reply message.

What is "no addresses" and "no prefixes" ?
I interpreted "no addresses" was "no IA Address Options".
For RFC 3633, I also interpreted "no prefixes" was "no IA_PD Prefix Options".
Is my understanding correct?

Although most implementations behave as I interpreted, some
implementations may behave other manner.

Thanks in advance,
--
Hiroki ENDO