Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: [ntpwg] RFC 5908 on Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server Option for DHCPv6

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:46:17 -0400

FYI. It really belongs more in the dhcp wg since it's a dhcp option.

Danny

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ntpwg] RFC 5908 on Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server Option
for	DHCPv6
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:58:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5908

        Title:      Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server
                    Option for DHCPv6
        Author:     R. Gayraud, B. Lourdelet
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 17452
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ntp-dhcpv6-ntp-opt-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5908.txt

The NTP Server Option for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for
IPv6 (DHCPv6) provides NTPv4 (Network Time Protocol version 4) server
location information to DHCPv6 hosts.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network Time Protocol Working Group of
the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
ntpwg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg