Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'DHCPv6 options for network boot' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 04:34:33 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'DHCPv6 options for network boot '
   <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-netboot-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-netboot-10.txt

Technical Summary

   This document provides a standard mechanism for providing DHCPv6
   clients with information required to bootstrap using the network.

Working Group Summary

   This document appeared in the working group several years ago.
   There was substantial review and revision, which simplified the
   document and changed some recommendations the document made, for
   example replacing a recommendation to use tftp for downloads with a
   recommendation to use http.  The review in the working group has
   been thorough, and there is substantial demand for this extension. 

Document Quality

   The document has undergone careful review, and the working group is
   satisfied with its quality.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>.  The
   responsible A-D is Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>.