Subject: [dhcwg] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3315 (2471)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 04:20:47 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3315,
"Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3315&eid=2471

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Ole Troan <[email-masked]>

Section: 17.1.3

Original Text
-------------
The client MUST ignore any Advertise message that includes a Status
Code option containing the value NoAddrsAvail, with the exception
that the client MAY display the associated status message to the
user.

Corrected Text
--------------
The client MUST ignore any IAs in an Advertise message that includes a Status
Code option containing the value NoAddrsAvail, with the exception
that the client MAY display the associated status message to the
user.

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3315 (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-28)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
Publication Date    : July 2003
Author(s)           : R. Droms, Ed., J. Bound, B. Volz, T. Lemon, C. Perkins, M. Carney
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG