Subject: [dhcwg] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3633 (2470)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 04:19:21 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3633,
"IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) version 6".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3633&eid=2470

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Ole Troan <[email-masked]>

Section: 11.2

Original Text
-------------
If the delegating router will not assign any prefixes to any IA_PDs
in a subsequent Request from the requesting router, the delegating
router MUST send an Advertise message to the requesting router that
includes the IA_PD with no prefixes in the IA_PD and a Status Code
option in the IA_PD containing status code NoPrefixAvail and a status
message for the user, a Server Identifier option with the delegating
router's DUID and a Client Identifier option with the requesting
router's DUID.

Corrected Text
--------------
If the delegating router will not assign any prefixes to an IA_PD
in a subsequent Request from the requesting router, the delegating
router MUST send an Advertise message to the requesting router that
includes the IA_PD with no prefixes in the IA_PD and a Status Code
option in the IA_PD containing status code NoPrefixAvail and a status
message for the user, a Server Identifier option with the delegating
router's DUID and a Client Identifier option with the requesting
router's DUID. The server SHOULD include other stateful IA options
(like IA_PD) and other configuration options in the Advertise message.

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3633 (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) version 6
Publication Date    : December 2003
Author(s)           : O. Troan, R. Droms
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG