Subject: [dhcwg] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC3633 (2469)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 04:18:11 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3633,
"IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) version 6".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3633&eid=2469

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Ole Troan <[email-masked]>

Section: 11.1

Original Text
-------------
The requesting router MUST ignore any Advertise message that includes
a Status Code option containing the value NoPrefixAvail, with the
exception that the requesting router MAY display the associated
status message to the user.

Corrected Text
--------------
The requesting router MUST ignore any IA_PDs in an Advertise message that includes
a Status Code option containing the value NoPrefixAvail, with the
exception that the requesting router MAY display the associated
status message to the user.

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3633 (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) version 6
Publication Date    : December 2003
Author(s)           : O. Troan, R. Droms
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG