Subject: [dhcwg] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3633 (2468)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 04:14:04 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3633,
"IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) version 6".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3633&eid=2468

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Ole Troan <[email-masked]>

Section: 12.1 / 12.2

Original Text
-------------
 Section 12.1:
   Upon the receipt of a valid Reply message, for each IA_PD the
   requesting router assigns a subnet from each of the delegated
   prefixes to each of the links to which the associated interfaces are
   attached, with the following exception: the requesting router MUST
   NOT assign any delegated prefixes or subnets from the delegated
   prefix(es) to the link through which it received the DHCP message
   from the delegating router.

Corrected Text
--------------
 Section 12.1:
   Upon the receipt of a valid Reply message, for each IA_PD the
   requesting router assigns a subnet from each of the delegated
   prefixes to each of the links to which the associated interfaces are
   attached.

New last paragraph of 12.2:
  When the DR delegates prefixes to a Requesting Router, the
  Requesting Router has sole authority for assignment of those
  prefixes, and the Delegating Router MUST NOT assign any prefixes
  from that delegated prefix to any of its own links.

Notes
-----
This change clarifies that the authority over the address space is delegated to the RR. Moving the use restriction for the address space from the RR to the DR.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3633 (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-opt-prefix-delegation-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : IPv6 Prefix Options for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) version 6
Publication Date    : December 2003
Author(s)           : O. Troan, R. Droms
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG