Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action:draft-madi-dhc-dhcpv6-psac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

FYI...

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Extended DHCPv6 for Piggybacking Security Association Configuration
	Author(s)       : D. Ma
	Filename        : draft-madi-dhc-dhcpv6-psac-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2010-10-13

IPSec [RFC2401]is pervasive in many scenarios to build the channel of
security mechanism to protect the communication between the host and
the local servers, such as DNS recursive name server [RFC1304].  In
the public wireless access environment, an extra trust relationship
configuration between the roaming host and the local server, manually
or by IKE [RFC2409], is indispensible.

DHCP is typically the first protocol executed by a mobile host when
it enters a new network, so this document present an extension to
DHCPv6 to piggyback the parameters needed for IPSec, avoiding the
delay invited by manual configuration of security association or IKE
interaction for IPSec.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-madi-dhc-dhcpv6-psac-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt