Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 05:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv4 lease query by Relay Agent Remote ID
	Author(s)       : P. Kurapati, B. Joshi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-07.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2010-10-08

Some Relay Agents extract lease information from the DHCP messages
exchanged between the client and DHCP server.  This lease information
is used by relay agents for various purposes like antispoofing and
prevention of flooding.  RFC 4388 defines a mechanism for relay
agents to retrieve the lease information from the DHCP server as and
when this information is lost.  The existing lease query mechanism is
data driven, which means that a relay agent can initiate the lease
query only when it starts receiving data from/to the clients.  In
certain scenarios, this model is not scalable.  This document first
looks at issues in existing mechanism and then proposes a new query
type, query by Remote ID, to address these issues.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-leasequery-by-remote-id-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.