Subject: Re: [dhcwg] Discussion on draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt "Prefix Pool Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agent"

From: Tina Tsou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:58:51 -0800

May I ask how many people feel like to adopt it as a working group item?
(Please hum...:)

It seems that the chairs should ask it. But I guess the author can also ask
it.

Best Regards,
Tina TSOU
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Tina Tsou [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:46 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: Discussion on draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt "Prefix Pool
Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agent"

Hi all,
This is discussion on draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt "Prefix Pool
Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agent".
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yeh-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-01

The authors (one more new: Shree) are rewriting the existing draft for
relay/server communication messages.
The authors are making the message communication between relay & server
robust and efficient (including handling of out of order messages,
reboot/reset scenario's, ensuring that relay and server stay in sync).
Hope to make it a solution acceptable to different scenarios.

Your comments are welcome.

Best Regards,
Tina TSOU
http://tinatsou.weebly.com/contact.html

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 22:45:28 -0500

> It seems that the chairs should ask it. But I guess the author can also ask

Technically, the author asks for it, and then the chair does a consensus call.   So what do people think?   Anybody in favor?   Anybody against?   I will tally the responses next Wednesday and make a consensus call.

You don't have to agree that the draft is complete as written--just that the working group should be doing the work the draft is trying to do.