Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:00:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Definition of the UUID-based DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID-UUID)
	Author(s)       : T. Narten, J. Johnson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-02.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2010-12-16

This document defines a new DHCPv6 Unique Identifier (DUID) type,
called DUID-UUID.  DUID-UUIDs are derived from the already
standardized UUID format.  DUID-UUID makes it possible for devices to
use UUIDs to identify themselves to DHC servers and vice versa.
UUIDs are globally unique and readily available on many systems,
making them convenient identifiers to leverage within DHCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:56:18 -0500

In response to Bernie's comments, I revised the intro quite a lot and
resubmitted. The changes are:

1. Removed the discussion about DHCPv4's usage of the client mac addr
(I agree it wasn't really relevant).

2) Reorganized the Introduction into 3 separate sections:

   Introduction
   Background
   UUID Considerations

I think it's much better now.

Comments?

Thomas

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:28:46 -0600

Like it ... let's make sure to start the WG Last Call ASAP (I strongly
recommend advancing the document) and ship it on the IESG!

- Bernie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Thomas Narten
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 4:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dhc-duid-uuid-02.txt

   Introduction
   Background
   UUID Considerations

Comments?

Thomas
_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg