Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 6422 on Relay-Supplied DHCP Options

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 12:51:36 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6422

        Title:      Relay-Supplied DHCP Options 
        Author:     T. Lemon, Q. Wu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16056
        Updates:    RFC3315

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-relay-supplied-options-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6422.txt

DHCPv6 relay agents cannot communicate with DHCPv6 clients directly.
However, in some cases, the relay agent possesses some information
that would be useful to the DHCPv6 client.  This document describes a
mechanism whereby the DHCPv6 relay agent can provide such information
to the DHCPv6 server, which can, in turn, pass this information on to
the DHCP client.

This document updates RFC 3315 (DHCPv6) by making explicit the
implicit requirement that relay agents not modify the content of
encapsulation payloads as they are relayed back toward clients.  
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC