Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 6656 on Description of Cisco Systems' Subnet Allocation Option for DHCPv4

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:12:29 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6656

        Title:      Description of Cisco Systems' Subnet 
                    Allocation Option for DHCPv4 
        Author:     R. Johnson, K. Kinnear,
                    M. Stapp
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 54971
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-subnet-alloc-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6656.txt

This memo documents a DHCPv4 option that currently exists and was
previously privately defined for the operation and usage of the Cisco
Systems' Subnet Allocation Option for DHCPv4.  The option is passed
between the DHCPv4 Client and the DHCPv4 Server to request dynamic
allocation of a subnet, give specifications of the subnet(s)
allocated, and report usage statistics.  This memo documents the
current usage of the option in agreement with RFC 3942, which
declares that any preexisting usages of option numbers in the range
128-223 should be documented and that the working group will try to
officially assign those numbers to those options.  This document is 
not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC