Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-bi-dhc-sec-option-02.txt

From: Cuiyang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:20:57 +0000

Hi, All

According to the comments in the last meeting @Paris, we updated the draft.
Changes are mainly as follows:
1. remove the unused and specific sub-options
2. define a "general" security option that provisions configuration information to DHCP clients.

Any comment will be appreciated.
Thanks!

BR,
Yang
==================
 Yang Cui,  Ph.D.
 Huawei Technologies
 [email-masked]

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2012年7月16日 17:31
收件人: Cuiyang
主题: New Version Notification for draft-bi-dhc-sec-option-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-bi-dhc-sec-option-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Yang Cui and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-bi-dhc-sec-option
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Security option extensions for DHCP
Creation date:	 2012-07-16
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 7
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bi-dhc-sec-option-02.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-dhc-sec-option
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-dhc-sec-option-02
Diff:            http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bi-dhc-sec-option-02

Abstract:
   This document defines a new option that can be used by DHCP servers
   to provision with DHCP clients specific security configuration
   information. It has been known that DHCP protocol typically works at
   the very beginning stage of the access to networks, thus lack of
   security protection. However, although it is difficult to set up some
   security mechanism for DHCP protocol solely, it is able to play a key
   role for DHCP server to provide configuration information to help
   building security mechanism within those pre-configured DHCP clients
   and devices. This new option defines a simple extension to current
   standard format and benefits to those who need to activate security
   mechanism in an early stage and interoperate within devices from
   multiple vendors.

The IETF Secretariat