Subject: [dhcwg] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6704 (3353)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 10:00:23 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6704,
"Forcerenew Nonce Authentication".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6704&eid=3353

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Gaurav Halwasia <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.1

Original Text
-------------
   The mechanism described in this document is vulnerable to a denial-
   of-service (DoS) attack through flooding a client with bogus
   FORCERENEW messages.  The calculations involved in authenticating the
   bogus FORECERENEW messages may overwhelm the device on which the
   client is running.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The mechanism described in this document is vulnerable to a denial-
   of-service (DoS) attack through flooding a client with bogus
   FORCERENEW messages.  The calculations involved in authenticating the
   bogus FORCERENEW messages may overwhelm the device on which the
   client is running.

Notes
-----
Spelling of "FORECERENEW" is incorrect. It should be "FORCERENEW"

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6704 (draft-ietf-dhc-forcerenew-nonce-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Forcerenew Nonce Authentication
Publication Date    : August 2012
Author(s)           : D. Miles, W. Dec, J. Bristow, R. Maglione
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG