Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 01:53:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv4 over IPv6 Transport
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Peng Wu
                          Jianping Wu
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2012-09-13

Abstract:
   In IPv6 networks, there remains a need to provide IPv4 service for
   some residual devices.  This document describes a mechanism for
   allocating IPv4 addresses to such devices, using DHCPv4 with an IPv6
   transport.  It is done by putting a special relay agent function
   (Client Relay Agent) on the client side, as well as extending the
   behavior of the server; in the case where DHCP server only supports
   IPv4 transport, a relay agent is extended to support IPv6 transport
   (IPv6-Transport Relay Agent) and relay DHCP traffic for the server,
   with a new Relay Agent Information sub-option added to carry the IPv6
   address of the Client Relay Agent.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peng Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 17:31:12 +0800

Hi all,

This is mainly a "polishing" update of the draft. Most of the
technical specifications remains the same as last version.
The main updates are:
a)substential edits
b)Re-structure the contents of choosing between DHCPv4 over
IPv6/DHCPv4 over tunnel/DHCPv6
c)Make the usage of relay-encapsulation clear through  the document,
rather than just reference the draft.

Thanks Ted for so many valuable inputs.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at4:53 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg