Subject: [dhcwg] Adoption call request for draft-mrugalski-softwire-dhcpv4-over-v6-option-01

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:51:01 +0200

Hi,
This document has been presented in Vancouver. We have received several
comments during and after the meeting and this updated -01 version
reflects those changes.

This work was initially planned to be adopted in Softwires, but since it
is a companion document for ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6, which is a DHC
document, it makes more sense to adopt it in DHC. Also, that's what
chairs have suggested. If this draft is adopted, we plan to rename it to
draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-endpoint-option.

On behalf of both authors, I would like to ask chairs to announce
adoption call on this work.

Thanks,
Tomek

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-mrugalski-softwire-dhcpv4-over-v6-option-01.txt
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 09:21:12 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-mrugalski-softwire-dhcpv4-over-v6-option-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tomasz Mrugalski and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-mrugalski-softwire-dhcpv4-over-v6-option
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) Option
for DHCPv4 over IPv6 Endpoint
Creation date:	 2012-09-26
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 7
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mrugalski-softwire-dhcpv4-over-v6-option-01.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mrugalski-softwire-dhcpv4-over-v6-option
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mrugalski-softwire-dhcpv4-over-v6-option-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mrugalski-softwire-dhcpv4-over-v6-option-01

Abstract:
   [I-D.ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6] defines a way for communication
   between legacy DHCPv4 clients with DHCPv4 servers over IPv6-only
   transport.  It requires deployment of Client Relay Agent (CRA) that
   transmits messages to IPv6-Transport Server (TSV) or IPv6-Transport
   Relay Agent (TRA).  Deployed CRA must know an address of TSV or TRA
   to forward incoming client's messages.  This document defines a
   DHCPv6 option that may be used to provision TSV or TRA location to
   CRAs.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:25:09 +0000

> adoption call on this work.

Authors, please don't cc requests like to the mailing list.   If you do, then people start replying to them before the formal CFA goes out, and it's harder to track.   This goes for WGLC requests as well.   This has been happening a lot recently, and I wonder if people are starting to think that it's the right thing to do.   It's not.