Subject: [dhcwg] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-secure-dhcpv6-07.txt> (Secure DHCPv6 Using CGAs) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:02:26 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Secure DHCPv6 Using CGAs'
  <draft-ietf-dhc-secure-dhcpv6-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) enables
   DHCPv6 servers to pass configuration parameters. It offers
   configuration flexibility. If not secured, DHCPv6 is vulnerable to
   various attacks, particularly spoofing attacks. This document
   analyzes the security issues of DHCPv6 and specifies a Secure DHCPv6
   mechanism based on using CGAs.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-secure-dhcpv6/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-secure-dhcpv6/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1343/