Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-host-gen-id-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 01:47:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Prefix Assignment in DHCPv6
	Author(s)       : Sheng Jiang
                          Frank Xia
                          Behcet Sarikaya
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-host-gen-id-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   This document introduces a generic host-oriented prefix assignment
   mechanism using DHCPv6.  In this new address configuration procedure,
   the prefix is assigned from a DHCPv6 server to hosts through DHCPv6
   message exchanging while the interface identifiers are independently
   generated by the hosts.  It enables both integral address assignment
   and self-generated addresses in one single mechanism, DHCPv6.  It
   also enables stateless address configuration without RA attendance.
   The technique described in this document can be used in networks
   which assign IPv6 addresses using DHCPv6, e.g.  WiMAX.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-host-gen-id

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-host-gen-id-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-host-gen-id-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/