Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 07:32:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Prefix Pool Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agent on the Provider Edge Routers
	Author(s)       : Leaf Y. Yeh
                          Ted Lemon
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-02-10

Abstract:
   The DHCPv6 Prefix Pool option provides a mechanism for DHCPv6 Prefix
   Delegation (DHCPv6-PD), allowing the DHCPv6 server to notify a DHCPv6
   relay agent implemented on a Provider Edge (PE) router about active
   prefix pools allocated by the DHCPv6 server to the PE router.  The
   information of active prefix pools can be used to enforce IPv6 route
   aggregation on the PE router through adding or removing aggregation
   routes according to the status of the prefix pools.  The advertising
   of the aggregation routes in the routing protocol enabled on the
   network-facing interface of PE routers will dramatically decreases
   the number of the routing table entries in the ISP network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Leaf Yeh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 01:21:18 +0800

Dear DHC folks,

I polished the draft (OPTION_PREFIX_POOL) to be ver.-02, which solicits your
kind comments again. The changes of the text in it can be reviewed at
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-00&d
ifftype=--html&submit=Go%21&url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-02. I
hope we could make WGLC on it before IETF86.

Best Regards,
Leaf

PS. Merry Spring Festival from far-east and happy Chinese new year!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title           : Prefix Pool Option for DHCPv6 Relay Agent on the
Provider Edge Routers
	Author(s)       : Leaf Y. Yeh
                          Ted Lemon
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-pool-opt-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-02-10

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg