Subject: [dhcwg] EXTENDED Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-client-link-layer-addr-opt-04.txt> (Client Link-layer Address Option in DHCPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:39:48 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Dynamic Host Configuration WG
(dhc) to consider the following document:
- 'Client Link-layer Address Option in DHCPv6'
<draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-client-link-layer-addr-opt-04.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-28. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Note that this is an extension of the IETF last call that was
originally announced on 2013-02-04. The IETF last call has been
extended because of IPR disclosure 1710, which was published in
reference to draft-halwasia-dhc-dhcpv6-hardware-addr-opt-00.txt.
Because draft-halwasia-dhc-dhcpv6-hardware-addr-opt-00.txt is a
predecessor to draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-client-link-layer-addr-opt-04.txt,
IPR disclosure 1710 should be considered in this IETF last call.

Abstract

This document specifies the format and mechanism that is to be used
for encoding client link-layer address in DHCPv6 Relay-Forward
messages by defining a new DHCPv6 Client Link-layer Address option.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-client-link-layer-addr-opt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-client-link-layer-addr-opt/ballot/

IPR disclosure 1710 may be relevant to this document.