Subject: [dhcwg] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC5460 (3571)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 04:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5460,
"DHCPv6 Bulk Leasequery".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5460&eid=3571

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Sunil M Gandhewar <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.2.1

Original Text
-------------
5.2.1. LEASEQUERY-DATA

The LEASEQUERY-DATA message carries data about a single DHCPv6
client’s leases and/or PD bindings on a single link. The purpose of
the message is to reduce redundant data when there are multiple
bindings to be sent. The LEASEQUERY-DATA message MUST be preceded by
a LEASEQUERY-REPLY message. The LEASEQUERY-REPLY carries the query’s
status, the Leasequery’s Client-ID and Server-ID options, and the
first client’s binding data if the query was successful.

LEASEQUERY-DATA MUST ONLY be sent in response to a successful
LEASEQUERY, and only if more than one client’s data is to be sent.
The LEASEQUERY-DATA message’s transaction-id field MUST match the
transaction-id of the LEASEQUERY request message. The Server-ID,
Client-ID, and OPTION_STATUS_CODE options SHOULD NOT be included:
that data should be constant for any one Bulk Leasequery reply, and
should have been conveyed in the LEASEQUERY-REPLY message.

Corrected Text
--------------
5.2.1. LEASEQUERY-DATA

The LEASEQUERY-DATA message carries data about a single DHCPv6
client’s leases and/or PD bindings on a single link. The purpose of
the message is to reduce redundant data when there are multiple
bindings to be sent. The LEASEQUERY-DATA message MUST be preceded by
a LEASEQUERY-REPLY message. The LEASEQUERY-REPLY carries the query’s
status, the Leasequery’s Client-ID and Server-ID options, and the
first client’s binding data if the query was successful.

LEASEQUERY-DATA MUST ONLY be sent in response to a successful
LEASEQUERY, and only if more than one client’s data is to be sent.
The LEASEQUERY-DATA message’s transaction-id field MUST match the
transaction-id of the LEASEQUERY request message. The Server-ID,
requestor's Client-ID, and OPTION_STATUS_CODE options SHOULD NOT be included:
that data should be constant for any one Bulk Leasequery reply, and
should have been conveyed in the LEASEQUERY-REPLY message.

Notes
-----
The term "Client-Id" in second paragraph sounds like client's Client-Id and it will be different for more than one client's data. So it should be corrected to "requestor's Client-ID" or "Leasequery's Client-ID" instead of just "Client-ID".

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5460 (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-bulk-leasequery-06)
--------------------------------------
Title               : DHCPv6 Bulk Leasequery
Publication Date    : February 2009
Author(s)           : M. Stapp
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG