Subject: [dhcwg] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3315 (3577)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 10:33:57 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3315,
"Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3315&eid=3577

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Pablo Armando <[email-masked]>

Section: 9.3

Original Text
-------------
An example DUID of this type might look like this:

    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
    | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 |  9| 12|192|
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
    |132|221| 3 | 0 | 9 | 18|
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+

   This example includes the two-octet type of 2, the Enterprise Number
   (9), followed by eight octets of identifier data
   (0x0CC084D303000912).

Corrected Text
--------------
An example DUID of this type might look like this:

    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
    | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 |  9| 12|192|
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
    |132|211| 3 | 0 | 9 | 18|
    +---+---+---+---+---+---+

   This example includes the two-octet type of 2, the Enterprise Number
   (9), followed by eight octets of identifier data
   (0x0CC084D303000912).

Notes
-----
0xD3 is 211 decimal, not 221.

I am assuming that this number is the correct one: 0x0CC084D303000912

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3315 (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-28)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
Publication Date    : July 2003
Author(s)           : R. Droms, Ed., J. Bound, B. Volz, T. Lemon, C. Perkins, M. Carney
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Dynamic Host Configuration
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG