Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 07:11:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv4 over IPv6 Transport
	Author(s)       : Yong Cui
                          Peng Wu
                          Jianping Wu
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-06.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-03-20

Abstract:
   In IPv6 networks, there remains a need to provide IPv4 service for
   some residual devices.  This document describes a mechanism for
   allocating IPv4 addresses to such devices, using DHCPv4 with an IPv6
   transport.  It is done by putting a special relay agent function
   (Client Relay Agent) on the client side, as well as extending the
   behavior of the server; in the case where DHCP server only supports
   IPv4 transport, a relay agent is extended to support IPv6 transport
   (IPv6-Transport Relay Agent) and relay DHCP traffic for the server,
   with a new Relay Agent Information sub-option added to carry the IPv6
   address of the Client Relay Agent.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-ipv6-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/