Subject: Re: [dhcwg] Adoption call on draft-scskf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6

From: Branimir Rajtar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 13:11:29 +0000

Hi,

I would actually like to see in the document an option to use DHCPv4-over-DHCPv6 in unicast mode, rather than in native multicast. In that way we could be able to make a separation of IPv6 and IPv4 infrastructure, which is in accordance with the draft I'm working on and which is currently in call for adoption (draft-rajtar-dhc-v4configuration-02).

BR,
Branimir

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Marcin Siodelski
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 5:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] Adoption call on draft-scskf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6

On Thu, 2013-04-18 at 23:03 -0700, Tomek Mrugalski wrote:
> This adoption call deadline has passed. I'm very happy that we had a
> healthy discussion with many useful comments posted. Most comments were
> supporting adoption. There were two objections (one was later
> withdrawn). This means that the WG has reached a strong consensus to
> adopt this work.
> 
> Authors, please upload this work as draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-00
> once you address all received comments.

Thanks to everybody who have taken time to review this document and
shared comments. We tried to address comments from the adoption call
period and the uploaded -00 version includes relevant changes. In
particular:

1) Rename the document draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-00
2) Add some text in Introduction section about the motivation and scope
3) Add a paragraph in Section 6 about the use of IPv6 interface
4) Add some text in Section 8 to clarify what a 'DHCPv4 server engine'
is, and specify the related discussions are out of scope.
5) Rewrite Section 9 (Security Considerations)
6) Move RFC2119 to the list of Normative References

All further comments regarding the latest version of this document are
appreciated.

Links:

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-00

Cheers,
Marcin

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg

<HTML><P><FONT face=Arial color=#999999 size=1>

IZJAVA O ODRICANJU ODGOVORNOSTI: Sadržaj ove poruke i eventualno priloženih datoteka je povjerljiv i namijenjen je samo osobama ili subjektima koji su navedeni u adresi. Ukoliko ste primili ovu poruku greškom, molimo Vas, obavijestite pošiljatelja, a poruku i sve njene privitke odmah, bez čitanja, trajno uklonite s računala. Bilo kakvo prenošenje, kopiranje ili distribucija informacija sadržanih u poruci trećim osobama je zabranjeno i može biti zakonski kažnjivo. Sadržaj, stavovi i mišljenja izneseni u poruci su autorovi i ne predstavljaju nužno stavove HT - Hrvatskih telekomunikacija d.d. HT ne prihvaća nikakvu odgovornost za eventualnu štetu nastalu primitkom ove poruke i priloga sadržanih u poruci.

</FONT></P><P><FONT face=Arial color=#999999 size=1>

 DISCLAIMER:The contents of this email as well as any files attached to it are confidential and intended solely for individuals or entities which they are addressed to. If you have received this email message in error, please notify the sender and permanently remove the message and all attached files from the computer. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of all or a part of information contained herein to or by third parties is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Croatian Telecom Inc. Croatian Telecom Inc. accepts no liability for any potential damage caused by this message and files attached to it.

</FONT></P></HTML>