Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-v4configuration-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 07:00:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Provisioning IPv4 Configuration Over IPv6 Only Networks
	Author(s)       : Branimir Rajtar
                          Ian Farrer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-v4configuration-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2013-09-30

Abstract:
   As IPv6 becomes more widely adopted, some service providers are
   taking the approach of deploying IPv6 only networks, without dual-
   stack functionality for IPv4.  However, access to IPv4 based services
   is still an ongoing requirement and approaches such as IPv4-in-IPv6
   softwire tunnels are being developed to meet this need.

   In order to provision end-user's hosts with the necessary IPv4
   configuration, a number of different mechanisms have been proposed.
   This memo discusses the benefits and drawbacks of each, with the aim
   of recommending a single approach as the basis for future work.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-v4configuration

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-v4configuration-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-v4configuration-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Ian Farrer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 16:14:24 +0200

Hi,

I've just posted an update to the draft based on the discussions in Berlin and Francis' review.

The contents of the conclusion remains unchanged.

Any comments etc. appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian

On 30 Sep 2013, at 16:00, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg