Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 18:10:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 Transport
	Author(s)       : Qi Sun
                          Yong Cui
                          Marcin Siodelski
                          Suresh Krishnan
                          Ian Farrer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-11-22

Abstract:
   IPv4 connectivity is still needed as networks migrate towards IPv6.
   Users require IPv4 configuration even if the uplink to their service
   provider supports IPv6 only.  This document describes a mechanism for
   obtaining IPv4 configuration information dynamically in IPv6 networks
   by carrying DHCPv4 messages over DHCPv6 transport.  Two new DHCPv6
   messages as well as new DHCPv6 options are defined for the purpose of
   conveying DHCPv4 messages through IPv6 networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Qi Sun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 10:24:31 +0800

Dear all,

We have updated draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-03 based on the discussions in Vancouver. Major changes are:

1) Clear up the client behavior.
2) Update the server behavior with dealing with the "flags" field.
3) Improve the security consideration.
4) Editorial changes.

Please can you review this document.

Best Regards,
Qi

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: 2013年11月23日 上午10时10分57秒格林尼治标准时间+0800
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6-03.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg