Subject: [dhcwg] DHCPv6bis mailing list created

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 01:02:55 +0100

Hi everyone,

The IETF secretariat created a dedicated non-WG mailing list for the
DHCPv6-bis work: dhcpv6bis. The list info, mail archive and other
details are here: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcpv6bis

We have received more volunteers for the bis work than we could accept.
Thank you for everyone who volunteered. We made a decision to limit the
design/editors team to 6 people at this phase, with Ted as a responsible
AD as a honorable member. The team includes Andrew Yourtchenko, Bernie
Volz, Marcin Siodelski, Michael Richardson, Sheng Jiang, Ted Lemon and
Tomek Mrugalski. Bernie and I made the decision based on prior
contributions, availability to dedicate time for this effort,
involvement in actual implementations and security experience.

If you volunteered or are interested in this work and you're not on the
list, don't despair. There will be plenty of opportunities to
contribute. The editors team is mostly doing editorial work at this
stage. The immediate next steps for the team is to have XMLs for RFC3315
and 3633. Once that is done, the fun part will start. We will have to
merge those two and consider what is the absolute minimum of other
RFCs/drafts that we need to merge, assemble a list of issues to
potentially correct/clarify/fix and then go over them one by one and
decide if we want to address it or not. That discussion will be taking
place on dhcpv6bis list. The list and its archives is open. Feel free to
browse and/or subscribe.

Before/after all important milestones we will be sending updates to dhc
list. We will try to keep the traffic to minimum on dhc, and have all
discussions on dhcpv6bis list. It seems likely that we'll have
presentations during every meeting.

If you are interested in details, we have our repo with nroff, txt and
XML files here: https://github.com/dhcwg/rfc3315bis. Please keep in mind
that this is NOT an official repo, merely a convenient place to store
intermediate files. We will periodically be uploading snapshots of that
work using the usual IETF drill.

Bernie & Tomek