Subject: [dhcwg] BCP 187, RFC 7227 on Guidelines for Creating New DHCPv6 Options

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 17:08:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 187        
        RFC 7227

        Title:      Guidelines for Creating New DHCPv6 
                    Options 
        Author:     D. Hankins, T. Mrugalski,
                    M. Siodelski, S. Jiang,
                    S. Krishnan
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 83694
        Updates:    RFC 3315
        See Also:   BCP 187

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7227.txt

This document provides guidance to prospective DHCPv6 option
developers to help them create option formats that are easily
adoptable by existing DHCPv6 software.  It also provides guidelines
for expert reviewers to evaluate new registrations.  This document
updates RFC 3315.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:32:02 +0200

Thanks to everyone who was involved in this effort. I'd like to
especially thank David Hankins, who initiated and then single-handedly
kept this effort running for many years. (This work has started in 2007).

Hopefully this BCP will make our lives easier. Instead of lengthy
reviews, we can now point to specific sections of this document and just
say "read and follow this, please".

Tomek

On 09/05/14 02:08, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
>