Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'Handling Unknown DHCPv6 Messages' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 06:14:09 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Handling Unknown DHCPv6 Messages'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Ted Lemon.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg/

Technical Summary:

  This document defines how a DHCPv6 server, client or relay agent should
  behave when receiving unknown DHCPv6 messages.

Working Group Summary:

  This document was called draft-csl-dhc-dhcpv6-unknown-msg-3315update prior to its
  adoption. There was unanimous support for it in favor of adoption and none 
  against), so this document was adopted in April 2013. There was quite interest in
  this work posts since its adoption. There was never any opposition for this work.

Document Quality:

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director?

  Sheng Jiang is the document shepherd. Brian Haberman is the responsible AD.