Subject: [dhcwg] Version -08 of draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues posted

From: Marcin Siodelski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:09:23 +0200

Hi All,

The version -08 of the draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues has been
published. And, it is available here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues/

This version incorporates updates to address the most recent comments we
received on the mailing list (within the last month, I guess). Thanks to
Jinmei and Andrew Y. for reviewing the draft. We are also hoping to
receive some more comments from other DHC folks.

Summary of changes:
- Minor update to the abstract: added "to address the identified issues"
at the end, to make it clear that the intent of the document is not only
to identify issues, but also to resolve them
- Removed the concept of "framework for future IAs" in the introduction,
as it turned out to be unclear what the "framework" was intended to be.
Also, with this change we want to be clear that the draft is intended to
resolve the problem of coexistence of IA_NA and IA_PD in a single DHCP
session, rather than be a generic text to address the problem of
coexistence of any IAs.
- Clarified that IA_TA is out of scope for the document.
- Terminology: removed redundant "Resource" and clarified that IA in
this context is IA_NA or/and IA_PD.
- Moved the text about motivation for keeping single session (rather
than multiple sessions) for multiple IA options from the introduction to
the "Handling of Multiple IA Options Types".
- Edits to the "Placement of Status Codes" section to limit the scope to
IA_NA and IA_PD only.
- New text about the client behavior when the server sends different
T1/T2 times for different IAs. The previous text appeared to be too
specific about the selection of T1/T2 and there were concerns about some
corner cases that it didn't cover well. The new text gives a more
general guideline for selecting T1/T2 times from multiple IAs and leaves
the details up to the implementations.
- Fixes in the Reply message handling.
- Minor changes to acknowledgments.

Please review.

Marcin