Subject: [dhcwg] WGLC for draft-ietf-dhc-access-network-identifier-05 - Passed with issues

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 20:20:24 +0100

I just realized that the WGLC summary was discussed among chairs, but
never sent to the ML. Sorry about the delay.

The chairs have reviewed the feedback received for the
draft-ietf-dhc-access-network-identifier-05. The explicit feedback
received during the WGLC was disappointing. First and foremost, this
draft defines options that have nothing to do with DHCP. DHCP is merely
a delivery channel. Had there been another WG in IETF that could take
this work, it should have been done there. Unfortunately, there's no
appropriate group in IETF, so DHC had to take up this task. From this
perspective, it is understandable that there is minor interest, as the
DHCP community is not the primary user of those options.

Furthermore, this draft was presented in DHC meetings several times, it
never received any opposition and a small number of people expressed
support for it.

Finally, both chairs and the shepherd (Sheng agreed to take this role,
thanks!) reviewed this draft and didn't find anything particularly wrong
with it. A number of improvements are needed, but that is something that
can be easily fixed. Therefore we decided to consider this WGLC to pass
with issues. An updated revision addressing raised comments is needed.
We'll have another short WGLC for it, just to confirm that the issues
are indeed addressed.

Bernie volunteered to help addressing the issues. Thanks for doing this
effort!

Bernie & Tomek