Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 05:13:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Allocation of Shared IPv4 Addresses
        Authors         : Yong Cui
                          Qiong Sun
                          Ian Farrer
                          Yiu L. Lee
                          Qi Sun
                          Mohamed Boucadair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-08.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2015-05-28

Abstract:
   This memo describes the dynamic allocation of shared IPv4 addresses
   to clients using DHCPv4.  Address sharing allows a single IPv4
   address to be allocated to multiple active clients simultaneously,
   each client being differentiated by a unique set of transport layer
   source port numbers.  The necessary changes to existing DHCPv4 client
   and server behavior are described and a new DHCPv4 option for
   provisioning clients with shared IPv4 addresses is included.

   Due to the nature of IP address sharing, some limitations to its
   applicability are necessary.  This memo describes these limitations
   and recommends suitable architectures and technologies where address
   sharing may be utilized.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dynamic-shared-v4allocation-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/