Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 7550 on Issues and Recommendations with Multiple Stateful DHCPv6 Options

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 08:41:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7550

        Title:      Issues and Recommendations with Multiple 
                    Stateful DHCPv6 Options 
        Author:     O. Troan, B. Volz, M. Siodelski
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 54206
        Updates:    RFC 3315, RFC 3633

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-stateful-issues-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7550

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7550

The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
specification defined two stateful options, IA_NA and IA_TA, but did
not anticipate the development of additional stateful options.
DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation added the IA_PD option, which is stateful.
Applications that use IA_NA and IA_PD together have revealed issues
that need to be addressed.  This document updates RFCs 3315 and 3633
to address these issues.

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC