Subject: [dhcwg] Protocol Action: 'DHCPv6 Active Leasequery' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-active-leasequery-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:51:23 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'DHCPv6 Active Leasequery'
  (draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-active-leasequery-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-active-leasequery/

Technical Summary:

  This document enables an entity not directly involved in DHCPv6 
  client - server transactions to keep current with the state of the
  DHCPv6 lease state information in real-time.

Working Group Summary:

  This document was called draft-raghuvanshi-dhc-dhcpv6-active-leasequery 
  prior to its adoption. There was unanimous support for it in favor of 
  adoption and none against), so this document was adopted in December 
  2013. There was interest in this work posts since its adoption. 
  There was never any opposition for this work.
  
  This document went through a relevant short document development
  period (2 months for individual document period, 4 month for WG document 
  period). Its maturity took advantages from its twin-document - 
  "Active DHCPv4 Lease Query" draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-active-leasequery, 
  which firstly submitted in early 2010.

Document Quality:

  I'm not aware of any existing implementations, but the authors claimed
  they have customers using DHCPv4 active leasequery. It is reasonable to
  assume these customers would require DHCPv6 active leasequery as long 
  as their network extend to IPv6. No external requirements are needed 
  as this work is purely DHCPv6 extension. There was a few reviews by
  DHC WG members. This document has requested publication in mid of 2014,
  and received a AD review from Ted Lemon. The authors updated the 
  document in March 2015 to address the comments from AD review.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? Who is the Responsible Area Director?

  Sheng Jiang is the document shepherd.
  Brian Haberman is the responsible AD.