Subject: [dhcwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 10:12:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) bis
        Authors         : Tomek Mrugalski
                          Marcin Siodelski
                          Bernie Volz
                          Andrew Yourtchenko
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 124
	Date            : 2015-07-06

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCP) enables DHCP
   servers to pass configuration parameters such as IPv6 network
   addresses to IPv6 nodes.  It offers the capability of automatic
   allocation of reusable network addresses and additional configuration
   flexibility.  This protocol is a stateful counterpart to "IPv6
   Stateless Address Autoconfiguration" (RFC 4862), and can be used
   separately or concurrently with the latter to obtain configuration
   parameters.

   This document updates the original DHCPv6 specification (RFC 3315)
   and incorporates RFC 3633, RFC 3736, RFC 7083, and RFC 7550.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 19:20:51 +0200

Folks,

An updated version of rfc3315bis has been published. Here are the
relevant change log entries since -00. You may see all changes as
compared to the original RFCs in Appendix A.

42.  Clarified that retransmitting at client's discretion (t1,t2=0)	
     does not mean immediate transmission (ticket #71).	
 		
43.  Merged section 4.4. of RFC7550 (stateful-issues).  This includes	
     new Renew and Rebind processing by the server, i.e. a client may	
     request allocation of new addresses/prefixes during Renew and	
     Rebind.  This addresses tickets #62 and #63.	
 		
44.  Merged section 4.1 and 4.2 of RFC7550 (stateful-issues).  This	
     addresses tickets #59 and #60.	
 		
45.  Added normative reference to RFC7550 and to obsoleted list.	
     Also added terse text of Abstract and section 1.0 to indicate	
     what this document is about.	
		
46.  Merged section 4.6 of RFC7550 (stateful-issues).  This addresses	
     ticket #85.	
 		
47.  Clarified that the document assumes single provisioning domain.	
     This resolves ticket #66.	
 		
48.  Removed the Delayed Auth Protocol.  This resolves ticket #86.	
 		
49.  Added text the text suggesting to not send all-zero address/	
     prefix unless the client wishes to hint the lifetimes and/or	
     prefix lengths.  This resolves ticket#82.

Ticket numbers refer to the dhcpv6bis issue tracker, available here:
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/dhcpv6bis/

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped with this effort move forward. It's
a long process, but we're getting there.

Cheers,
Tomek <with 3315bis member hat on>

On 06.07.2015 19:12, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> dhcwg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg
>