Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-00.txt

From: tianxiang li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 21:40:09 +0800

Hi all,

We have submitted a new draft providing a summary of the existing
problems with the prefix length hint and guidance on what the client
and server could do in the different situation involving the the
prefix length hint.

The document might not cover all of the existing issues with the
prefix length hint, and we hope you can provide your valuable
suggestions to make the document more complete. We proposed some
possible solutions, but they're not perfect, and we'd really
appreciate any comments on how it could be improved.

Comments and reviews are appreciated.

Best Regards,
Tianxiang Li

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2015-07-06 20:14 GMT+08:00
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-00.txt
To: Cong Liu <[email-masked]>, Yong Cui <[email-masked]>,
Tianxiang Li <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tianxiang Li and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue
Revision:       00
Title:          DHCPv6 Prefix Length Hint Issues
Document date:  2015-07-06
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          9
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-00

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation [RFC3633] allows a client to set a hint
   value in the prefix-length field of the IA_PD option to indicate a
   preference for the size of the prefix to be delegated, but is unclear
   about how the client and server should act in different situations
   involving the prefix length hint.  This document provides a summary
   of the existing problems with the prefix length hint and guidance on
   what the client and server could do in the different situation
   involving the the prefix length hint.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat