Subject: [dhcwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.txt

From: tianxiang li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 20:24:39 +0800

Hi all,

We've submitted a new version
of draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.

We would very much appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
Tianxiang
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2015-12-03 11:41 GMT+08:00
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.txt
To: Tianxiang Li <[email-masked]>, Yong Cui <
[email-masked]>, Cong Liu <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tianxiang Li and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue
Revision:       03
Title:          DHCPv6 Prefix Length Hint Issues
Document date:  2015-12-02
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          9
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation [RFC3633] allows a requesting router to
   include a prefix-length hint value in the IA_PD option to indicate a
   preference for the size of the prefix to be delegated, but is unclear
   about how the requesting router and delegating router should act in
   different situations involving the prefix-length hint.  This document
   provides a summary of the existing problems with the prefix-length
   hint and guidance on what the requesting router and delegating router
   could do in different situations.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat