Subject: [dhcwg] RFC 7724 on Active DHCPv4 Lease Query

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:33:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7724

        Title:      Active DHCPv4 Lease Query 
        Author:     K. Kinnear, M. Stapp,
                    B. Volz, N. Russell
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 66964
        Updates:    RFC 6926

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-active-leasequery-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7724

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7724

The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv4 (DHCPv4) has been
extended with a Leasequery capability that allows a requestor to
request information about DHCPv4 bindings (RFC 4388).  That mechanism
is limited to queries for individual bindings.  In some situations,
individual binding queries may not be efficient, or even possible.
In addition, continuous update of an external requestor with
Leasequery data is sometimes desired.  This document expands on the
DHCPv4 Leasequery protocol, and allows for active transfer of near
real-time DHCPv4 binding information data via TCP.  This document
updates RFC 6926, "DHCPv4 Bulk Leasequery".

This document is a product of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC